Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian March 2009 Sales Results

mavro

mavro
Reaction score
Website
www.mavromatis.nl
Members Ride
VX 5.7ss
well said, all correct.....
this is the point i was trying to make to Reaper....
and yes THEY are boring inside and out, and when I'm 65 years old I mite buy one.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
for an "economic downturn" im glad to hear things are starting to stabilize, everyone seems to be very worried about all this..

as long as when i want a new car someone is making me one and i can buy it, im happy, just like everyone else buying new cars.
the rise and fall of the economy is a neverending circle. i work in retail, and yeah its slowed up a little, but it cant run guns blazing forever.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
If Holden knew what they were doing they'd be driving to drive the Astra further into the market place. Instead they're talking about axing it. Go figure.

GM is trying to sell Opel off (for $1 actually) with the whole restructure and CH11 issue they are going through. So there may be a problem there if they tried pushing it.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I Holden knew what they were doing they would have released the twin turbo short wheelbase Torana Hatch instead of the VE 6 litre barge. Like we all wanted them to do 5 years ago. Sure the VE is selling well but choped a couple / three hundred kilos out of it and see how good that would be

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I Holden knew what they were doing they would have released the twin turbo short wheelbase Torana Hatch instead of the VE 6 litre barge. Like we all wanted them to do 5 years ago. Sure the VE is selling well but choped a couple / three hundred kilos out of it and see how good that would be

close.... I just re-worded it a little for you:

If GM knew what they were doing they would have approved Holden to release the twin turbo short wheelbase Torana Hatch instead of the VE 6 litre barge. Like we all wanted them to do 5 years ago. Sure the VE is selling well but choped a couple / three hundred kilos out of it and see how good that would be

:)

Reaper

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
The falcon is a goner surely. 1,990 sales compared to 3,544 for the VE and the VE is nearly 3 years old, whilst the FG is still quite new. Not to mention in 6 cylinder form its also the better car and the sticker on the window shows 9.9L per 100km mileage.

I really don't see Ford Aus keeping a RWD aussie built Falcon much longer because its never going to sell. They build the better car and still get outsold nearly 2 to 1, why bother.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Reaper = funny :) screw the Americans! I hope the government buy Holden :p

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
GM is trying to sell Opel off (for $1 actually) with the whole restructure and CH11 issue they are going through. So there may be a problem there if they tried pushing it.

Hmm... hadn't heard that. Surprising because Opel do quite well in the European market, as do Vauxhall (the Euro branding for Holden).

I'm hoping that only the GM retardmobiles, like the huge SUVs/Suburbans/trucks etc get axed, because some of their cars are actually decent and would be a shame to see them disappear.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
The falcon is a goner surely. 1,990 sales compared to 3,544 for the VE and the VE is nearly 3 years old, whilst the FG is still quite new. Not to mention in 6 cylinder form its also the better car and the sticker on the window shows 9.9L per 100km mileage.

I really don't see Ford Aus keeping a RWD aussie built Falcon much longer because its never going to sell. They build the better car and still get outsold nearly 2 to 1, why bother.

If it is profitable they will keep it. Run the plant 50/50 with the focus??? (can't remember) and Falcon. 100% of overhead recovery and hedge one's bets with regards to future market trends. Remember Holden made a huge mistake in the 70's going to a smaller car (V body Commodore) during the oil shock of the 70's. Within 10 years the market had moved back towards the large sedans again. I think the Ford/Holden model of running their factories with both is a good bet each way.

Reaper