Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian mum faces jail over bar mat 'theft'

2furious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
firstly she was in thailand for her mothers 60th birthday and yeah she'd taken some friends with her.
secondly it was a prank gone bad. her so called "friends" put it in her handbag. she ran coz she believed she'd done nothing wrong. after she was arrested one of her friends went to the police and confessed and the cops told her to go away.
she was abusing/yelling at the cops becoz she was trying to get thru to them becoz they wouldnt listen to her.
yeah its a harsh punishment for something she didnt even do.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
firstly she was in thailand for her mothers 60th birthday and yeah she'd taken some friends with her.
secondly it was a prank gone bad. her so called "friends" put it in her handbag. she ran coz she believed she'd done nothing wrong. after she was arrested one of her friends went to the police and confessed and the cops told her to go away.
she was abusing/yelling at the cops becoz she was trying to get thru to them becoz they wouldnt listen to her.

Who the hell runs when they believe that they are innocent?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Bit ridiculous I reckon, but she was silly to run away from them and abuse them. And the penalty is a bit extreme as well.

Don't understand why anyone would want to go to thailand though. I certainly don't want to.

And if they have a vendetta or something against australians, then we should ALL stop going there. Full stop. Then see how they feel when they aren't raking in money from our tourists etc.

And also I might add - She is a mother of four young children, yet she still went for a holiday with just her friends overseas. Says a lot for her dosn't it.

Thailand is a brilliant country, beautiful scenery, great people etc. There is no vendetta against Australians, just against ALL CRIMINALS.

Turn it up.

I am sick of Aussies claiming "Someone else put it there", we heard it from bali 9 or 7 or whatever the hell they are, we heard it from queen dopehead corby, we hear it from every CRIMINAL caught breaking a countries laws abroad.

She STOLE the mat, then took off, was the property found in her possession, yes, is she guilty? Hell yes. She took AFTER she was asked to return the item.

I can't believe people whinge when laws are broken here and nothing is done yet god forbid it be ok to break laws in other countries.

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I say we go over to Thailand with our Army....blow the **** out of the gaol and break her out. Come back to Auz with her. Make her a Parramatta NRL cheerleader and ask Matty Johns to interview her when he is eventually re-instated by channel nine !

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
If your innocent you don't run firstly. Second abusing the law enforces is no way to 'get through' to them only to anger them.

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
2 Furious.......AirStrike states ....... 'YOUR FIRED'.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I think this is how Australia needs to make their laws, we are far to lenient. Where does it stop, if your willing to knock off property from an establishment your willing to steal anything. Theft is theft, plain and simple.

Even the owner stated in an interview that normally they would catch the person and them return the property, this woman chose to run.

Imagine if this was the sort of punishment we would see here, along with similar jails where you do not get rewarded for being a crim, it would be a much better place.

Streets would be quieter, but taxes would be higher. Not cheap to lock people up sadly, last I heard it costs something like $77,000 p.a to lock someone up. That's a decent wage right there. Welfare is cheaper :p

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
death penalty is much cheaper imo, we should use it