Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian VS German Car Culture

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
^^^ as said above, neither our roads nor our cars are safe to do 180km/h. i trust my driving more than anyone's and even if we had the best roads in the world i wouldn't feel safe driving my vp at 180km/h. let alone anyone else driving a similar car.

Unlike Australia, the faster your car is in Germany, the more respect you get on the road.

i would tend to disagree with that statement, the proportion of people who like fast cars is probably the same as in Australia, it's just that in Germany everyone's rich so if they like fast cars they have (for eg) an M5, which is a car that everyone can agree is nice whether you like fast cars or not. in Australia we're driving old commodores with loud exhausts, and because we can't legally go very fast at all, we still needed to get our hit so we found something else to do that had less chance of being caught... burnouts :p (not saying that i do them, but i live at the start of a busy street, and every second car is a v8. all i hear all day is VRRRRRMM *screeeech*)

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
An interesting point of view, his final point "Learn to Drive Stupid" tells all. In my point of view, I think that our roads and driving privilages are over legislated and over controlled. Teaching people how to be better drivers is a good start.

However, he says "People here love cars because they love cars, they don't do random burnouts in the street". Believe me, nothing wrong with a good burnout...though on the circut or the burnout track...

Why can't we have a road and car culture that is understanding and so much less focused on showing off and being stupid...get rid of 90% of the laws on the road that are just ridiculous...far out...now I want to move to Germany...

SOMEONE FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!