Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australias Best Muscle Car?

michael_pomroy

use_it_or_lose_it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 3.8L
me mate reads MOTOR magazine, he's a FORD lover, and me a HOLDEN fanatic. just wondering how can MOTOR magazine call a v6 turbo a 'muscle car.' muscle cars have always been and always should be only know as v8's. LOL the F6 Typhoon, a straight 6 turbo a muscle car? what crack are these people on eh? how do they rate cars. it is supposedly the best production car ever made? what the hell are these people talking about though, holden beat ford sales, and toyota beat holden, so how can a ford be the best production car? and its not even a damn v8... i mean c'mon what kind of aussies would rather have a turbo 6 over a v8? oh for sure if they can save and extra bit of fuel, but wouldnt mean jack if they were flogging it, and how many people wouldnt be flogging there new f6 thypoon. if youd rather have this, then you can call it a damn ricer and not a bloody muscle car, c'mon MOTOR magazine wake up to your-bloody-selves.

Toyota gained the top sales position in the February monthly market with 16,173 vehicle sales, ahead of Holden with 13,305 and Ford third with 10,426.

Shouldnt that atleast be telling us something?

http://www.autoindustries.com.au/sales/2006/2/

found that with some more info on it, but too lazy to read about it, this should hopefully cause a bit of controversy

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
wont start a new thread for this but .... (this is how much i know about fords) is an xr6 a v6 or straight? if its straight thats fuct n gay n why is it an xr lol

T

"TheFordLover"

LOL have a dummy spit pomroy.
The results have spoken for themselves and the F6 is the best performing aussie production car out. It may not be a "muscle car" but it sure as hell beats them.

my 2 cents

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
go the old torries, ford coupes and chargers. new cars sound crap compared to the mighty rumble of the older generation of cars.

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
TheFordLover said:
LOL have a dummy spit pomroy.
The results have spoken for themselves and the F6 is the best performing aussie production car out. It may not be a "muscle car" but it sure as hell beats them.

my 2 cents

Motor has also recorded a best 1/4 mile time in the DTS of 13.51, with 0-100 in 5.25. Which beats the Typhoon. Luff is also a Ford driver, and having this association with Ford I feel could affect his decissions.. Here's my 2 cents:

1. Every time there's a comparison, the main complaint about the Holdens/HSV is the chassis. GET OVER IT, it's pushin 10 years old, there's only so far old engineering will go, thats why Holden's bringing out the VE on the Zeta platform.

2. Very common complaint about the Clubsport - "Leans heavily on outside front tyre". Please take note of page 69 amd 90, where the Typhoon is not only a pebble's fart away from a ding in the rim on the front, but on the back too. Plus, if there happened to be a mid corner bump, well, one could only imagine the damage...

3. Both XR6T's dying on the mountain road. Ford's answer - too volatile fuel. I wont go into this, but bein an aircraft engineer, I've had to learn all about volatility and altitude. Simply, Ford's full of ****.

4. According to this article, the DTS is great on track, but not so good on the road, yet on page 135, where the DTS is "What's Hot!", it says "Makes a bloody good daily driver, too". Come on guys, contradiction in the one mag is just plain frustrating.

5. The manual gearbox's 6th gear. "Moonshot", "too tall", etc. The clubsport reaches 273km/h in 5th. Making it the fastest Australian produced car, from factory. In 6th, cruizing at 100km/h, the Clubsport gets as low as 8L/100km. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT??? 6th gear is a cruize gear. Get used to it!

But besides all that, well done to Ford and FPV, it's about time your car with newer and more advanced engineering got the title. Even though your "way more advanced" V8 was nowhere to be seen. Lets just see what the VE brings.

**I really hope the VE is as good as we're all making it out to be!**

Rmyers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EA falcon
mikevxss said:
wont start a new thread for this but .... (this is how much i know about fords) is an xr6 a v6 or straight? if its straight thats fuct n gay n why is it an xr lol

Ok, can you tell me why it's "gay" that it has a straight 6?? And then tell me why and how a v6 is so hetro and superior compared to it??? Almost every inline six ford has made has outpowered and outtorqued it's holden rival for that year. The ONLY advantage a v6 has over a straight 6 is that it is more compact and weighs less.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Rmyers said:
Ok, can you tell me why it's "gay" that it has a straight 6??
V6 or straight 6, I think its gay that a 6 won.

Of course the result has nothing at all to do with this:

http://businessnetwork.smh.com.au/articles/2006/03/02/4071.html

Here's the gist of it:

The company [Ford] has booked out space for the next year on three [sic] leading automotive classified websites - Carsales and Carpoint, both part or wholly owned by PBL

Wait a sec - doesn't PBL also own ACP Magazines (the company which publishes Motor & Wheels) ???

So this result was bought. Pure & simple...

fu2

The Man With No Name
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina II - GU Patrol CRD
i know the turbos are ment to be a good car but a muscle car they are not. the best ever muscle car i reckon should be choosen out of Holden HT Monaro GTS 350, Ford Falcon XY GT 351 and chargers.
maybe even HQ Monaro GTS or XC Cobra

to me anything with a turbo is not a muscle car

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Anything after 1980 isn't muscle imo. Has to be an 8. Has to be lumpy as hell. Has to handle like a death trap and well.. Not much more.