Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Commodore Stalling...

KeaganKaotic

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8 VN Wagon
Hey guys.
A friend said its the Surge Pump causing this, another said may be the Fuel pump, and yet another friend said it may be something in my tank... but none of them own a VN so I just wanted a second opinion.
When my VN has less than half a tank of petrol it begins to run rough, and even sometimes stall when i sit at the lights for 30+ seconds...
When fuel is full runs like a dream.
I'm getting her serviced and 'tuned' this Thursday. Which may help as it runs a little rough anyway. But its considerably a lot worse when petrol is low.
Also after I've been on a long drive (and petrol is low) once I park, and turn her off. There is a. long stretched out...squeal?...Squeal doesnt describe it very well, but its a high pitched whine coming from near my fuel tank at the back of the car...this goes on for about 10 seconds. Though it doesnt happen EVERY time, only days it seems to be running rougher than usual.

Any suggestions on what it may be?
Thanks guys

bigneilsen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1
the squel could maybe something to do with the presure lines?

gelousi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina 195i
Maybe the fuel pressure reg? or a vacuum leak just go over the bay and look out for any lines that look like there loose have you changed anything recently maybe pod filter or something? also what sort of fuel do u run?

KeaganKaotic

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8 VN Wagon
Ive had the car since December 09 and its done it from the day I bought it. I got it serviced, and it runs SLIGHTLY better on half a tank, but once again, if it gets below half, it runs shithouse.
I put a pod on at the start of February and i get better fuel consumption, but still runs terrible...
If I have to reverse out of a driveway that is steep, and im low on petrol the car stalls and splutters on certain angles especially when not sitting flat/level with the ground...
could be anything =\

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the swirl pot in the tank will have a line missing off it would of snapped off or the pot itself is cracked and the pump is the screaching noise most likely from running low on fuel too much