Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Dimming Mirror (Retrofit)

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
this is a basic retrofit for the auto dimming mirror found in the upper spec zb commodores.

this is still on my bench but i will update this thread once installed but this is the pinout i have worked out.

this mod is simple as all you need is ignition switched power and to tap into the reverse lamp so the mirror does not dim when you select reverse.

*when i get some time to install this i will update this thread :p
plug.jpg

20200814-202229.jpg

20200814-201752.jpg

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
There are some frameless rear view mirrors that look good I have seen posted on the US Buick site. They are a GM part but I can't remember the model they come off.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
There are some frameless rear view mirrors that look good I have seen posted on the US Buick site. They are a GM part but I can't remember the model they come off.

The one i am working with is just a $40 one from a wrecker which i think came out of a zb calais v but frameless would be pretty cool.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The one i am working with is just a $40 one from a wrecker which i think came out of a zb calais v but frameless would be pretty cool.

That's an awesome price compared to what they are new.