Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Thanks for the info.

So I can type "blah blah blah" then "Upload a File" then more "blah blah" and hit "Upload a File" again and the photo will be in the position I want it (presumably where the cursor is)?

Yep, "upload a file", select images to upload from tablet or pic (or use camera to take one), wait while they upload (10 seconds or so), choose full size image or thumbnail, but before you hit the full image or thumbnail button check where your curser is because that's where the image will be uploaded.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
If anyone is interested I’ve got two of these mirrors surplus to my needs.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
If anyone is interested I’ve got two of these mirrors surplus to my needs.

I don't know cashie and I'm not promoting a sale for him but the auto dimming mirrors are an excellent addition and simple to fit.

We just returned from our first road trip since fitting mine and I wouldn't be without one. I guess that's why I fitted it :)

Last edited:

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Thanks Poor Old Dad, they’re now sold mate.

M

mwb235

1 - Green - Reverse
2 - Red - 12V Ignition
5 - White/Black - Ground

Pin one is used so at light the mirrors lightens up when reversing.

I know this thread was last active 2-3 months ago, but can someone please tell me if the DOC connector (behind glovebox) has a +12V reverse wire? If not, is there somewhere behind the dash or headunit with such as wire?

I’ve fitted the Gentex mirror I just need the reverse wire.

M

mwb235

0CBEA2BA-6BE6-4E0D-AE50-440B005A412F.jpeg
I found it! Funny what happens when one checks their Haynes Manual wiring diagrams! :rolleyes:

It’s the Green/White wire which goes to the Body Control Module (BCM) pin G3. Easy!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Does your mirror have a camera?

M

mwb235

Does your mirror have a camera?
I assume you mean a reversing camera, not a front-facing DVR camera? No it has no camera - it’s a genuine Gentex mirror out of a U.S. model 2015 Silverado 3500. Gentex part number is 13581082. Bought it on the U.S. ebay site, cost me A$91.86 delivered and came with a pigtail (cut off wiring plug). I was tempted at getting one with a compass and the “homelink” feature (remote control up to three garage doors etc) but decided to keep it simple. My VF Calais V has a rear camera already.

For those who may find it useful - I wired the mirror up today just like factory. Ran three wires from the plug across top of windscreen under roof lining and down driver’s side A-pillar. Spliced green (reverse) wire into pin G3 on BCM. For the Red (switched +12V) I spliced into a Violet with red stripe wire at the large wiring plug/socket junction behind driver’s kick panel. Lastly I spliced the Black (Ground) wire also behind kick panel. Soldered all joins (I don’t like crimps). A lot of fiddling around but the end result is worth it.