Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto door lock question

CraigAB

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Series II Berlina
Hi,

I have set the car up so that the doors auto lock when the car is put in to drive. It used to work ok, but now there is an issue.

Some days when I put the car in to drive the doors do not auto lock and the horn sounds 3 times.
So I have to move the transmission from Park to drive several times to get it to engage the auto lock.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Craig

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
Hi,

I have set the car up so that the doors auto lock when the car is put in to drive. It used to work ok, but now there is an issue.

Some days when I put the car in to drive the doors do not auto lock and the horn sounds 3 times.
So I have to move the transmission from Park to drive several times to get it to engage the auto lock.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Craig

its sposed to just lock the doors that are closed, and even if one is open it just leaves that one as it is. but the horn?

familyguy

Bog Standard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
It's trying to lock the doors, the sensors are saying the locks arent locking, and you're getting the horn warning that a door is unlocked. Just like you would if you got out and pressed the lock button on the key. If they're all closed (as you'd expect when you put it in D), its trying to lock them all.

This means one or more of your door locks is stuffed. Ask me how I know this...go on... :whistling

Jim

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
It's trying to lock the doors, the sensors are saying the locks arent locking, and you're getting the horn warning that a door is unlocked. Just like you would if you got out and pressed the lock button on the key. If they're all closed (as you'd expect when you put it in D), its trying to lock them all.

This means one or more of your door locks is stuffed. Ask me how I know this...go on... :whistling

Jim

well if ur gf is freaking annoying she will have the door open for atleast 2 min after u leave the driveway. so i get this about everyday. no horn. unless if my cars stuffed or its different for utes coz i just tried it =D:dance: