Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Door Locking

NetWalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Auto
I have read the manual and fiddled with the settings. Can not see any auto door locking on the Redline.

Am I looking for something that does not exist?

Cheers...

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
It is under the config settings, I tried it and it works
Let me know if you can't find it and I will work out the steps to get to the right menu

NetWalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Auto
Sorry, should have been a little more specific. I have them set to lock when the car is shifted out of Park. What I mean is after hopping out of the car and walking away.

Cheers...

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
A quick search came up with this:
"When the driver leaves the vehicle with the sensor key and walks away, the vehicle will lock after eight seconds. If the driver presses the button on the door handle after exiting the vehicle, the vehicle will lock immediately. The system also electronically locks the steering column."

Does it say the vehicle can perform such a task in the manual? (Turn it on or off)

While on the auto locking topic, does the auto door locking work the same as it does on the ve?
On the ve, doors will lock at around 10kmh and stay locked untill you remove the key.
Mercedes have it so even when the doors auto lock, you can still open the door from the inside with out having to push a button.
Eg. when you pull up to drop off a passanger.
Does the vf have the same tech as merc, or is it still the same as the ve set up?

First world problem I know but having to push the button or slide the lock is such a hassle after not having too!
Sorry for the hijack.

NetWalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Auto
Thanks, its now found and set to auto lock.
I have mine set to lock all doors when the car is taken out of Park so not looked any further but I am pretty sure I read that they will lock at a certain speen.

Cheers...

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Mine is set to lock after 8 seconds of stepping away from the vehicle

somfman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6
Mercedes have it so even when the doors auto lock, you can still open the door from the inside with out having to push a button.
Eg. when you pull up to drop off a passanger.
Does the vf have the same tech as merc, or is it still the same as the ve set up?

Sort of. My son discovered that if you pull the door open lever twice in succession it will override the lock and open the door. Pretty easy to use if you know about it.