Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Folding Mirrors - Standard on RS or RS-V?

hedgehog

Reaction score
Members Ride
None Currently
HI,

According to the brochures, auto folding mirrors are standard on the RS. Looking at the manual it looks like only on the RS-V (at least from my interpretation).

This may have changed by model years - but does anyone have more info on which model grade gets the auto folding mirrors?

Thank you

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
HI,

According to the brochures, auto folding mirrors are standard on the RS. Looking at the manual it looks like only on the RS-V (at least from my interpretation).

This may have changed by model years - but does anyone have more info on which model grade gets the auto folding mirrors?

Thank you

the rs has electric folding mirrors but they are not really auto because they do not automatically fold when you lock and unlock the vehicle without holding the button on the keyfob longer than you usually would.

to lock/unlock and fold you press the lock/unlock button on the keyfob and hold it for about 2 seconds when you are locking/unlocking the vehicle and the mirrors should fold.
if it does not work try use the button on the drivers door and fold them in and then lock the vehicle then unlock it and hold the button for 2 seconds.

i think gm should have made them properly automatic by just folding any time you lock/unlock the vehicle without needing to hold the button.

Jack GS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 Buick Regal GS
i think gm should have made them properly automatic by just folding any time you lock/unlock the vehicle without needing to hold the button.
Be grateful, we didn't get them on any trim in the US. Buicks are marketed as "affordable luxury" here and while that largely holds true, they stripped the Regal of many luxury items available on the global counterparts in favor of affordability.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
On my VXR you can unfold them automatically if they are already folded by holding down the unlock button, but not the other way around.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
On my VXR you can unfold them automatically if they are already folded by holding down the unlock button, but not the other way around.

You should be able to fold and unfold them holding the lock or unlock button.
It works on my rs to fold and unfold them.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
You should be able to fold and unfold them holding the lock or unlock button.
It works on my rs to fold and unfold them.
Pretty sure it's the same on my RSV.

Check your settings. There may be an option in there for how it works.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I know holding the lock button will close any open windows and the sunroof which is pretty handy.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I know holding the lock button will close any open windows and the sunroof which is pretty handy.

That might be taking place of the fold function, i have the window control off in vehicle settings.

Something to try is lock the vehicle like normal with a quick press and then press and hold the lock button again for 2 seconds and see if it does it.

Both locking and holding and locking then pressing again and holding fold my mirrors.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
That might be taking place of the fold function, i have the window control off in vehicle settings.

Something to try is lock the vehicle like normal with a quick press and then press and hold the lock button again for 2 seconds and see if it does it.

Both locking and holding and locking then pressing again and holding fold my mirrors.

Yep it works, both ways. You need to press and hold the buttons briefly

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Must be an Opel thing, AH and AH2 Astra's did that.