Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Gears seem be changing slow

Jezza007

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executve
hey, my gears seem to be changing slowly when speeding up, the engine seems to rev alot before the gear changes, especially between first and second, my old vs never did this and driving the vz exactly the same as i did the vs, and no, my foots nt flat to the floor hard accelerating at times when this happens.

the transmission oil has been way overfilled which was done by holden dealer, just wondering if this overfilling is affecting the gear changes or if would be something else, also, what else comes out of overfilling transmission fluid besides blowing seals as i already know of that one.

cheers

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
The dipstick on the VZ auto transmission is very clearly marked (presumably your Holden mechanic wasn't wearing glasses!?) with the advice DO NOT OVERFILL and the transmission, when being fill-checked, must not be in the crosshatch (or gate); I've known form the years of Fluidrive servicing my old car (VP Commodore auto wagon) that the engine/tranny must be hot when being checked and never ever refilled; when cold, the tranny may "look" overfilled (just like the car's oil). Maybe take your wheels to Fluidrive and have them check out what the Holden dealer has done for you e.g. potentially overheating the tranny, lazy or hesitant shifts...

It is never necessary at all to floor the accelerator to get the gears changing; a light, smart push will get the business into boogie mode.

Last edited:

Jezza007

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executve
like i sed, i dont all to the floor the accelerator, and im guessing the apprentice was put on the car, the fluid is WAY WAY above full on cold and when hot, it just gears changes seem to be getting slower and slower so since doesnt change gear it just revs harder. all im wondering if this overfilled fluid would be causing it or if myt be something else. and yes i will be taking it to a pro, but cant get there for while as busy and i live in country nowhere near a place, so thort i jump on here to see if i can get an answer sooner.