Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Headlights on VS Statesman

VS Callahan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman International
Hi there, I just picked up a VS Statesman and the autoheadlights aren't working. I don't know if they can be overridden or if they're faulty. I liked the feature on my VR Berlina and want to get it fixed. Does anyone know if there is a way to get it fixed up without going into an autoelectrician?

Cheers

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
VS Callahan said:
Hi there, I just picked up a VS Statesman and the autoheadlights aren't working. I don't know if they can be overridden or if they're faulty. I liked the feature on my VR Berlina and want to get it fixed. Does anyone know if there is a way to get it fixed up without going into an autoelectrician?

Cheers

I take it you mean the Auto OFF function? Check the switch, its a little knob that sticks out near the hinges of the driver's door, as I'm pretty sure that activates the auto off feature when you open the door.

The previous owner could have also set a delay for the headlights to go off, which was programmable, up to about 2 minutes from memory. Maybe leave your lights on, lock up the car and see if the lights go off after a certain time. If they are still on 5 mins after you lock up the car, then have a look at the switch.

Cheers

Harvs82

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Above post is completely accurate. High series BCM installed in Calais and Statesman models has a programmable delay where the headlights will stay on for an adjustable time delay after you have locked the car up. The maximum is about 3 minutes I think so lock it up and wait. The manual also contains instructions on how to change the time delay if you dont like this feature.

VS Callahan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman International
Harvs82 said:
I take it you mean the Auto OFF function? Check the switch, its a little knob that sticks out near the hinges of the driver's door, as I'm pretty sure that activates the auto off feature when you open the door.

The previous owner could have also set a delay for the headlights to go off, which was programmable, up to about 2 minutes from memory. Maybe leave your lights on, lock up the car and see if the lights go off after a certain time. If they are still on 5 mins after you lock up the car, then have a look at the switch.
Harvs82 said:
Thanks Harvs82, yes I meant OFF, the VSII Statesman doesn't have the Auto select on the switch unfortunately like later models. I have tried leaving the lights on and locking the car up after 5 minutes they stayed on. I know in the users handbook it tells me that I can extend the time until they shut off so that I can walk down a driveway at night or whatever, but the lights still aren't going off.

Looks like I'll have to remember to turn them off!