Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto headlights sometimes don’t turn off

bloke04

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ( sold) Vy wagon,.. sold, ve wagon
BCM = Body Control Module.

From what I’ve read they are model variant specific and in later cars their programming is tied to the VIN (and that second hand units could be problematic to reprogram) but others will be able to make more accurate comment

There is a link to a factory VY workshop manual referenced somewhere within these forums so worth a search ;)

bloke04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that! Just done the google thing! Sounds a bit involved for a minor issue! Might just live with it! Thanks again!

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Be the door switch it's ridiculouse even mentioning or looking at the ecu until you have looked at the door switch sometimes there completely cactus and need new ones other times they have worn buttons not pressing down fully

bloke04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Be the door switch it's ridiculouse even mentioning or looking at the ecu until you have looked at the door switch sometimes there completely cactus and need new ones other times they have worn buttons not pressing down fully
Thanks ant.

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
It will not be the door switch if the lights stay on after you lock the car because locking the car shuts off the power to the headlights

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
how do you know if you never had door switch playing up i had this exact same problem and the stereo stayed lit and headlights stayed on even after locking the car it was the door switch i got new ones off ebay

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
how do you know if you never had door switch playing up i had this exact same problem and the stereo stayed lit and headlights stayed on even after locking the car it was the door switch i got new ones off ebay
How do i know because i walked out to the garage and turned my headlights switch from the auto position to the on position then closed the door then locked the car with the key fob and the lights turned off. it also turns off the interior lights which is controlled by the door switch

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
How do i know because i walked out to the garage and turned my headlights switch from the auto position to the on position then closed the door then locked the car with the key fob and the lights turned off. it also turns off the interior lights which is controlled by the door switch
Ok now try removing your driver's side door button put your headlights on auto and do it