Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stealo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY supercharged Spack
hi i have a holden vy supercharged s pack i am looking at changing it from auto to manual as the supercharged model was never released with a manual option. i was wondering what i will need to do this and if anyone has an idea how much it will cost and if anyone knows of places in perth that would do it

also was wondering if there is anyway i would be able to get a 6 speed from a ss to fit the car in any way because i plan to work the car a bit and thinking that the v6 gearbox might not be able to handle it

Last edited:

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
dont go manual, get ur auto tricked up! plus the holden 5 speeds are weak spesh if urs is charged. i did this conversion at work think it cost him almost 2 grand in parts alone, u'll need gearbox, clutch, flywheel, master and slave cylinder, tailshaft, clutch pedal box, brake pedal, center console round the gear stick n probs a few other things i cant think of atm

stealo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY supercharged Spack
dont go manual, get ur auto tricked up! plus the holden 5 speeds are weak spesh if urs is charged. i did this conversion at work think it cost him almost 2 grand in parts alone, u'll need gearbox, clutch, flywheel, master and slave cylinder, tailshaft, clutch pedal box, brake pedal, center console round the gear stick n probs a few other things i cant think of atm

mechanic has told me my gearbox is on the way out and its goin to cost me 2 grand for a new one thats also y i was thinking of goin manual and i can do most of the labour myself

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
There are a few people running manual behind the supercharged motor without any problems, im looking for a l67 to put in my vy manual also.

One other thing is that the flywheels are different between the auto and manuals so you are going to have to sort something out there, i would be looking for a manual crank but others have just drilled the crank with the extra holes needed

stealo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY supercharged Spack
thats a great help cheers ill have a look into it

Ryan.mate

ryan
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss sandman 5.7
sorry matte but where are you getting a manual for 2 grand ? im keen as on that price:)
cheers

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
I think there's a little bit more work involved in going from auto-manual than just the gearbox.. I remember looking into it some years back now and being quoted around the 6 - 7k mark...