Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto slipping when cold

dmoate

Reaction score
Hi guy's, got a problem with a vs that the auto seems to slip a bit when cold for the first minute or so but after that it is fine and changes smoothly, I have noticed that their are what looks like air bubbles in the trans oil could that have something to do with it? any ideas on what could be wrong would be much appreciated.
cheers
Daniel

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
sounds like its not building up enough line pressure, I couldn't say why, but i'd advise you to drain the fluid, put a new filter and gasket in (make damn sure you remove the old metal O ring and fit the new one with the new filter) and fill it with a Dexron 3 trans fluid, Penrite trans fluid is pretty good and at a modest price too.

also check your dipstick for rust, make sure that damn water from the coolant system hasn't found it's way into your trans via the trans cooler built into the radiator.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It could mean that the fluid level is low or the filter is partially blocked making the pump suck air. This can also be caused by someone using the wrong fluid but my first bet would be a blocked filter which a service will fix.