Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto to manual conversion

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
your kidding, whats the point of doing it for the p's then??
whats to stop an l plater rocking up at the lights in say an ss or fpv (parents car) and accepting a drag race when the guy next to him starts revving the engine??
kinda stupid as far as i can see

Because you have your parents/full licence driver with you and in most cases they aint retards to let you drive like an idiot

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
restrictions come in from 1 of july in sa

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
Can we get back on to topic now... Im interested to know too =D

adamrollo9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV Clubsport
**** yeah im moving to perth

lildavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vg ute
iv ask about this for my vt but it a 6 and it can be done cost alot but alot fo work to do, alot harder if you dyi far as i know main part was the pedal box that was a pain to get in and getting all that done. be worth just buying a manule car realy unless there was a wreaked one and you can take all the parts off that

Poms308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 308
sorry to rain on your parade sources, but you wont be driving an ss on your l's mate, nor on your p's either and thats becuase of power restrictions to young drivers
Sorry mate but thems the brakes

I drive a 5L on my my last year of ps ive been pulled up a few times cops never seem to care, and its not like they cant hear the burblin v8..:p

vex

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s2
i did it in my vx v6, i payed $2500 for conversion kit (it was out of a vy with 20K on the box) and $300 to put it in. IMO its worth it if your car has sentimental value or youve already sepant alot of money on it, otherwise its probably cheaper to buy a new car.

SSINZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo. 6 Speed. OTR. Tune. Some other bitz
when we did the conversion on my mates vt v6 auto to v8 manual i was amazed to find that all the holes are there and theres even a stamp behind the gear box that had a bit of info for the manual mount. so its not that hard the pedal was easy fit too. but to be honest its only roughly a 10kw gain. thought about shift kit stage 3?

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
Isn't starter motor the same manual or auto?? I hear the difference might be a 'nose' over the gear, couldn't u just hacksaw the 'nose' off??

dazzav8

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore ve clubsport r8 6ltr
i have a 2007 ve clubsport would love to convert to a manual if i had the funds a rough idea would be handy