Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto to Manual conversion...

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Hi Fellas...

How much would it cost for an auto to manual conversion for a VY/VZ LS1 (T56). What about VZ L76/L98 and VE L98 (not sure what transmission these cars have)?

Also would the price to purchase a manual for each of these cars be about the same as selling an auto?

Thanks,
Adam

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
There has been a change of plans... So it's not worth doing an auto to manual conversion?

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
i think he means manual to auto, he's got engine and trans for sale by the looks of it, but even doing this adamc11 it would be cheaper to by a vy ss with an auto already, can't you bolt an auto up with out having to change the engine? can't you get a belhousing to suit or adaptor plate? (i may be wrong though)

and is there anything you have to do with engine and trans numbers and registration of vehicle with vic roads?

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
I'm also interested in this, the auto in my VE is not doing it for me ...

BradSV8

Nitrous Junkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
3k just for a new manual box these days. if you paid someone to do it using all new parts prob closer to 6k. You can do it yourself but it is a lot of work.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
Ive seen them advertised in the SC magazine for $2500, im wishing i converted mine to manual now.. pretty much spent the same amount on my Auto as i could have converting it with a decent clutch... but its still fun :)

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
i recently did a m6 to A4 conversion
cost me $300-400 all up including oil and filter

I did a clean swap with someone so only had to pay for the hire of a hoist ,oil and filter and PCM switched to auto