Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto to manual

C

Canman

What would I be looking at to change my auto to manual? Some people out there must of done it in their VR/VS?

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
VR motor is different to VS ecotec motor. I know the VS model has two different VSS (Vehicle Speed sensor) comparing auto to manual. The auto is an inductive pickup design and manual is a hall effect.

B

BOV

Canman said:
What would I be looking at to change my auto to manual? Some people out there must of done it in their VR/VS?
Seeing as it will cost you a bit why dont you just buy a bloody manual car? :b:

Wire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec 94
surely it couldnt cost that much to buy a manual 5 speed to put into my VR?

btw. Great Forum

>WIRE<

C

Canman

BOV said:

Lets see....because I already own an auto VS that is the colour I want and has some mods done to the engine so if possible I'd like to keep this one and not buy another one. I'm not an expert on these cars so thats why I'm asking

Canman

K

Konker

BOV said:

good one. you try finding a manual vr!!

anyway if the car is a vr model try a vn or vl manual but remember to get a custom loom or at least a tech book so you can rewire properly. cost all depends on how much work you do and how much you can pick up a gearbox for.

best of luck

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
At the top of this page there is a SEARCH funcion.

If that doesn't help go to google.

THEN come here and ask.

grath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S2
i know someone that spent over $4000 converting their VS Calais (v8) to a manual. "Thought" about it myself, but when i found out how much she paid for it........ Didn't think it was worth it

B

BOV

grath said:
i know someone that spent over $4000 converting their VS Calais (v8) to a manual. "Thought" about it myself, but when i found out how much she paid for it........ Didn't think it was worth it
ditto, buy another car and transfer the mods over.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
hey i wouldnt even bother about it because even if you find a cheap box then u gotta pay someone to install it for u.... i got quoted $4200 for mine to get done so i thought i would just stick to the auto