Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Trans pressure switch ?

midlevel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais series 2
My VS series 2 V6 Calais has done 79,000 K since new and its a great car. Recently, the Check Power Train fault light remains ON. 1 year ago it illuminated so I replaced the o2 sensor. I decided a few days ago to conduct the 80k service and try to fix this fault. My mechanic told me the Auto Transmission Pressure Switch needs replacing cost $433.00. Mechanic also told me after the replacement part is installed if the Check Power Train fault light still remains ON, the ECU is faulty and it will also need replacement @ cost $600+. The car runs perfectly and changes gears correctly so I feel this expensive assumption could be a waste of money and I'm worried about driving the car at the moment. Is there a simple fix ?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
firstly check the error codes using a paper clip theres a thread on here checking error code VR-VS search for that and check the codes and see which ones you get then reset the ecu and see if the codes come up again then report back what codes you have

midlevel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais series 2
Auto Trans 80k service ok

Mechanic did service on auto @ 80K changed the switch and filter, dash warning gone & back to normal

Attachments

• trans-switch.JPG
    trans-switch.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 537

wayno3971

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
i hav a code 28 and i had oil come out a hose that comes from on top of the gearbox and goes into the chassie what caused this if anyone knows

Paul13pp

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Exec Wagon
i hav a code 28 and i had oil come out a hose that comes from on top of the gearbox and goes into the chassie what caused this if anyone knows

The list fault for code 28 says "pressure switch assembly short circuit - auto transmission code"