Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto trans problems

atomicSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr ss 5.0L
hey guys i have a 94 VR SS and i have had the fault code 68 come up- slippage in auto trans does this mean re-build? whats happening is its not going into 3rd very smoothly and isnt going into 4th till im well over 80. i dont know alot about the car as i have had it less than a month and got it through trade. will addatives help this and what would a shift kit do? worth doing? if not is there a stronger box i can get thats not manual as i do city style driving and manual+city= hells no not right now haha any help would be great thanks guys
:D:D

whats the colour of a two cent piece, copper copper bahahahahahahaha

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Some tran no-slip may help and cannot do any harm - changing the trans oil and filter should also help especially if the old oil is not pink. Code 68 usually comes up due clutches slipping and overheating which burns the oil!!! Shift kit will probably kill box sooner as you tend to drive them a bit harder and unless the whole box is reco..............
Also look at this link 4l60e Problems and Solutions - S-10 Forum

vscaprice98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs caprice
are u driving in power all the time
the gearbox should change into 4th sooner than 80 unless power is on the more used i found the hotter ur gearbox gets when stretching out witch causes overheating issues in a box as well might be up for a rebuild but look in to transcooler as well when u do it if u havent got one

atomicSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr ss 5.0L
Nah not driving with power button on seems to change ok when I do and give it a bit of juice I don't exactley know what a trans cooler looks like so what do I look for and where abouts ?? Thanks for ur help guys I'm learning slowly lol

part_time_hero

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss series III ute
same thing happend to my old vr, gave the gearbox a good service and was fine, does it kind of kick hard when changing into 4th?

atomicSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr ss 5.0L
sure does haha is that all u did was a service?
how much did a service cost you?