Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Trans - What are my options?

coleb

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr 5L
there not that bad to do was working at a trany shop for 2 years start from the back and make your way to the frunt. me and one ather guy had them out in an hour. but if you have extractors can make it a bitch. undo ever thing but leave the to side bellhousing bolts in and the cooling lines till last. we used a long exstension with a wobble socket (soz for the spleeing) to do the bellhousing bolts im sure the size was 17 mm. i just recently built mine i have a vr 5L the parts are not to bad for price depending on if theres hard parts stuffed in yours. planet set would be the most. reaction shells are not to bad you can get a beast reaction shell for around $150 or a moster from motospecs. i used a kit that had everything i needed to rebuild (gsr kit a new wide band elto frictions and to new A and B solenoids etc...) that was around $260 from motospecs i got a new convertor for $350 i think but thats a 2200 rpm storl i wonted a 2500 but was way to much like $700. the labour to build it is were the cost are it takes a good day to rebuild one lots of seals to replace and lots of cleaning. are you looking at doing a shift kit? i would use the B&M one you can get from autobarn for $150 give or take we had a guy use a B&M shift kit it worked realy well and he was happy with. i use the tranzgo stage 2 not to happy with it.