Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Transmission dropping back

Smacca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
G'day,

Recently I started commuting 100kms each way to work and even more recently my VT acclaim started after about 55km's of travel at 100kp/h went from sitting on a comfortable 2000rpm to dropping back to 3rd and sitting on 3000rpm. Which is affecting fuel economy and my lack of knowledge in this field brings me here before I get someone to look at it. Incase there is indeed a quick fix or something I can check or change. The car remains in 3rd until I exit the freeway. It will rev high in most gears then on. Once it cools down and I head home in the afternoon. About 55km's in and it does it again.

Cheers.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
first off when it does it.. either pull over turn the car off, restart it and set off again should have over drive back.. or put it in neutral while driving quickly (turning key just one click so no steering lock) so the engine turns off restart it, put it back in drive and keep driving..

Id say its the heat over ride that disables the torque convertor from "lock up" so your stuck in 3rd.. the heat is normaly caused by excessive slipping

how many ks has the car done? and when was the trans last serviced?

Smacca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
186000kms on the clock. Couldnt tell you when it was last serviced. Bought it 2 years ago and I havent had it serviced.

garywg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
Do yourself a favour, give the transmission (or get it done) a service. Should fix all your problems.

Smacca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Appreciate your advice.