Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Transmission issue

Juicifruitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 ssv redline
hi guys,

Have an issue that randomly pops up for my VfII redline

When driving, keeping it at low revs, I get acceleration lag, almost like its getting stuck in neutral, then revs really high, until I ease off and it finally clicks into gear. It also happens on down shift as well as up shift.

The other annoying thing is it doesn’t happen all the time.

Holden in Vermont in vic insist there is nothing wrong with it, but with the way it’s driving feel like I have to nurse it around, until I am able to take it to another dealer.

Kingcarl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6 series II MY 12.5
How many kms?
When was it last serviced?
I would get a second opinion mate, that is definitely not right.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yes I know what it is likely (underfilled trans / low fluid) but it’s under warranty so prepare the evidence better like with a video (dashcam) still no satisfaction talk to Holden who may suggest to take it to another dealer.

Juicifruitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 ssv redline
Yes I know what it is likely (underfilled trans / low fluid) but it’s under warranty so prepare the evidence better like with a video (dashcam) still no satisfaction talk to Holden who may suggest to take it to another dealer.
Still worth getting them to check it out, since they probably only test drive it. Would also make sense as it’s most prevalent when on a hill.

Juicifruitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 ssv redline
So after getting the fluid levels checked out they found slight leak on the sump and the oil filter was loose.

Last edited:

Juicifruitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 ssv redline
So to be clear the transmission sump and transmission fluid pickup was loose?

Was only told there was a slight leak around the sump and the oil filter was loose. I am not very knowledgeable as as to what exactly they meant, other than the way they told me that’s what they found was very casual.

It is noted to check it out again, should there be no reoccurrence at the 30k service

So far today has driven with no issues occurring.