Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto transmission service

Ben Crouch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
Ive been told you need to service your auto trans every so often, is this easy to do like an oil/oil filter service and how often am I supposed to be doing it?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I do mine every 30,000 k's as I don't travel much, that's about 4 years for me. If you doing a lot of driving every 80 to 100 thousand k's.
When you say easy well that depends on your skills and knowledge, there plenty of how too on U-Tube I wont post it because I get bullied over posting them, I find it easer to explain through a video as I learnt how to do thing by observing not reading, my writing isn't up to standard's so its much easer just to post a video some times. To me its simple the hardest part is removing the filter seal as you have to be careful not to damage the walls the rest is easy.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
I do mine every 30,000 k's as I don't travel much, that's about 4 years for me. If you doing a lot of driving every 80 to 100 thousand k's.
When you say easy well that depends on your skills and knowledge, there plenty of how too on U-Tube I wont post it because I get bullied over posting them, I find it easer to explain through a video as I learnt how to do thing by observing not reading, my writing isn't up to standard's so its much easer just to post a video some times. To me its simple the hardest part is removing the filter seal as you have to be careful not to damage the walls the rest is easy.

If you have the link post it, it's about helping the person.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yes it's an oil change similar to an oil change on an engine. Which transmission do you have? 4 or 5 speed. The 5 speed is a lot easier to service.

Ben Crouch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
Yes it's an oil change similar to an oil change on an engine. Which transmission do you have? 4 or 5 speed. The 5 speed is a lot easier to service.
4 speed 06 vz, is it a hoist job?

Ben Crouch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
im no mechanic but i can do simple stuff, just replaced coil packs and sparks, replaced oil pressure sensor, oil/oil filter change, fuel filter change so if its anything like that ill be ok as long as there is a decent video on youtube which is how i learnt how to do all the above haha.

Ben Crouch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
im no mechanic but i can do simple stuff, just replaced coil packs and sparks, replaced oil pressure sensor, oil/oil filter change, fuel filter change so if its anything like that ill be ok as long as there is a decent video on youtube which is how i learnt how to do all the above haha.
hoist job?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I think that’s a category on Pronhub.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon

Here you go mate. It will be the same for VZ

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can do it yourself. The tricky bit is the filter seal. If it comes out, your all
good. Just replace. If it gets stuck, it’s a pain the a rse. It can’t just be pried out because you can’t scratch where the seal fits in.
I prefer getting flushes done so far more oil is changed out.
It’s about the one job I pay someone to do. I have someone I trust to do it.