Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto vs manual debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
im sure u do drive it daily, but have u ever driven a big cammed car with a manual? unless the person that tuned the car is rediculiously good its a pain in the ass. anyone can drive a tame car daily, its a piece of piss. and mate a 10 is a 10. there are not too man cars in the world that can run a ten on street rubber (if any), what ammuses me is the bloke laughing at people who go out and run these times when hes never even seen a drag strip.

You very misinformed. I havn't run my current car at a strip, no. Big difference to never having seen a strip ;) Like i said, ends in a shitfight, here it is :)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank fark for that!!!
If you enjoy your manual in traffic. It just means its slow.

Its stock, i don't remember ever saying i have 1000hp. Suggest i did, i'd still be using a manual box, daily, circuit, strip, whatever.:whistling

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
this will almost always get as heated as Holden vs Ford convo's. If you cant appreciate the pro and cons of both, it reminds me of school yard arguments. Sideways in 4th, holding the reigns of 600 horses and a 5000 stall, these all are hard, just driving a manual (which was my first point) is not hard AT ALL!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
this will almost always get as heated as Holden vs Ford convo's. If you cant appreciate the pro and cons of both, it reminds me of school yard arguments. Sideways in 4th, holding the reigns of 600 horses and a 5000 stall, these all are hard, just driving a manual (which was my first point) is not hard AT ALL!

What are you comparing? Stock auto to stock manual? Or modified auto to stock manual? Bit of a lopsided discussion there haha.

I might leave, i assumed we were talking stock for stock, modified for modified.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
You very misinformed. I havn't run my current car at a strip, no. Big difference to never having seen a strip ;) Like i said, ends in a shitfight, here it is :)

lol my appologies. no **** fights here, just opinion, you like manual i like auto simple really.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol my appologies. no **** fights here, just opinion, you like manual i like auto simple really.

Indeed. Although you were completely off the mark with never seen a drag strip:whistling

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
Indeed. Although you were completely off the mark with never seen a drag strip:whistling

even still you have never raced, when you can pedal a manual car, or any car for that matter to a ten second pass on street rubber then u can laugh at those who havent.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
even still you have never raced, when you can pedal a manual car, or any car for that matter to a ten second pass on street rubber then u can laugh at those who havent.

You completely missed the point. I laugh at the people who claim a half stripped interior and full slicks are 'street trim'.

The auto thing is completely different. Its like they didn't even race in my books ;)

And yes, i have had a run, keep in mind i drive for fun, not for 'my dick is bigger than yours' like most people who go there ;) Win or lose, i don't care. If i did, i'd probably buy a cammed and stalled SS too :)

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Really? sideways through 4th is quite entertaining aswell ;)

Its stock

Am i missing something? What stock 5 litre would be able to go sideways through 4th gear? On wet grass mabye....:p

I agree with both sides, manuals are good fun in standard cars, but modded, higher power cars, it becomes painful and too expensive to keep a gearbox/clutch in there able to handle the power. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.