Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto vs manual debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Am i missing something? What stock 5 litre would be able to go sideways through 4th gear? On wet grass mabye....:p

I agree with both sides, manuals are good fun in standard cars, but modded, higher power cars, it becomes painful. ;)

Mine ;)

Let me just clear up a few things.

1 - Autos are faster than manuals at the drags. (Anyone who says otherwise is delusional)
2 - In my opinion i only bother taking notice of manual cars at the drags. If my opinion on this bothers you, chances are your racing for your ewang size, not for the fun of racing.
3 - If i ever buld a purpose build drag car, it will be a cog swapper. Its more satisfying.
4 - If i ever decide i want big hp, i'll buy an LS1, but it will still be manual :)

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8
mine ;)

let me just clear up a few things.

1 - autos are faster than manuals at the drags. (anyone who says otherwise is delusional)
2 - in my opinion i only bother taking notice of manual cars at the drags. If my opinion on this bothers you, chances are your racing for your ewang size, not for the fun of racing.
3 - if i ever buld a purpose build drag car, it will be a cog swapper. Its more satisfying.
4 - if i ever decide i want big hp, i'll buy an ls1, but it will still be manual :)

yes go the manuals

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
2 - In my opinion i only bother taking notice of manual cars at the drags. If my opinion on this bothers you, chances are your racing for your ewang size, not for the fun of racing.

I don't know about anyone else, but when i go racing, i want to run the fastest time i possibly can....Otherwise, whats the point?

On another note, anyone want to buy a manual to suit L67? :p

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't know about anyone else, but when i go racing, i want to run the fastest time i possibly can....Otherwise, whats the point?

On another note, anyone want to buy a manual to suit L67? :p

Some people race for fun, others race to be the fastest. Whilst neither is bad, i'm just not the guy going out and setting the benchmark. Someone else can do that :)

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
You completely missed the point. I laugh at the people who claim a half stripped interior and full slicks are 'street trim'.

The auto thing is completely different. Its like they didn't even race in my books ;)

And yes, i have had a run, keep in mind i drive for fun, not for 'my dick is bigger than yours' like most people who go there ;) Win or lose, i don't care. If i did, i'd probably buy a cammed and stalled SS too :)

haha for u infotmation i dont race to see how big my dick is, im pretty content in that department to be honest but i did buy and SS because they are fun to drive, and then i cammed and stalled it because its even more fun to drive, end of story. why drive a slow manual 5L when i can drive a cammed and stalled ls1? oh yeh cos the 5L sounds better i forgot :)

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Some people race for fun, others race to be the fastest. Whilst neither is bad, i'm just not the guy going out and setting the benchmark. Someone else can do that :)

Good point, once the fun is gone, whats the use, in saying that, it would be nice to be the fastest as well which is the point of a race. Its fun to win but if you go home win or lose still pumping full of adrenaline, its worth it.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0

I didn't say i don't race for fun....If i was all about "setting the benchmark" i would have a 8 second car, not a low 12 second one. I do go to the drags for fun, but i also want to see what the car is capable of.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha for u infotmation i dont race to see how big my dick is, im pretty content in that department to be honest but i did buy and SS because they are fun to drive, and then i cammed and stalled it because its even more fun to drive, end of story. why drive a slow manual 5L when i can drive a cammed and stalled ls1? oh yeh cos the 5L sounds better i forgot :)

I was waiting for the 5L comments.

I bought the 5L for the sound. Pisses all over an LS1 in that department. My post above clearly outlines when i decide i want high HP, i'll choose the LS1 over the 5L ;) I'll spell it out for you, we're agreeing.......

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
I didn't say i don't race for fun....If i was all about "setting the benchmark" i would have a 8 second car, not a low 12 second one. I do go to the drags for fun, but i also want to see what the car is capable of.

exactly, if u want to drive slowly over 400m go have a run down to the shops or somthing.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride

Likewise. When(more like if with this government lol) i go, i'm expecting a mid 14. I'm not gonna go home and cry myself to sleep if it only gets an 18 tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.