Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto vs Manual Y-piece

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Hey all. Soon I will need to drop the auto box from my VN V6, and after the whole thing being a pain in the arse so far Ive decided to do the manual conversion early.

I compared the y-pieces today out of curiosity and found that the manual pipe has no o2 sensor fitting! It also looks a tad shorter than the auto pipe. The manual y-piece came from a VN V6 also, but a series 1 where mine is a series 2 if that would make any difference? Maybe the manuals had different headers? Bizzare lol

Thoughts?

IMG_1349Small.jpg

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Hmm just looking at the pic, looks like only the left bit is shorter. Im thinking that the manual VN had a longer header and the o2 sensor was fitted to that instead. Im hoping its a series 1 thing, if its a manual thing then I dont have a chance of finding one :p

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
my mates s1 has the O2 in the passenger manifold its auto though but yeah its definatly in the old log manifold cause we had to take it off to get the O2 bung out.so must be an s1 thing

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Foxman, The one marked manual is from a series 1, one marked Auto is to go on the series 2/VP/VR (cast headers). The series ones have the tube header. Go with the cast header

Last edited:

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Ah right cool. They arent the unco looking things are they? lol

Might have to take my chances with the auto pipe. OR, cut the auto pipe and weld onto the manual pipe. Could be done I spose. Just a metal sleeve and 2 clamps would work. Dodgy but would work :p

EDIT: diddnt see you post foam :)