Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto wont go higher than second gear

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
ahh if you were in melb (not sure where you are) i would of got you a full rebuild and if you wanted shift kitted stage 2 for $650

that goes for anyone in melb ill line it up but make a new thread and send me a pm no hijacking
same goes for diffs and also trans coolers

sorry if i have hijacked if any questions come up in this thread about it ill make a new one and ask comments to be moved

good thing its all back and running again though happy cruzin :D

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I had the same prob and I went to a auto place and he grabbed the inner part of the cable that went to the transmission from the throttle body at the throttle body and pulled it out to its full length and let it spring back and did that a few times and it fixed the problem.The govenor at the back of the transmission under the round cover could also be sticking especially if you have some frictionmaterial in the oil.

waza4019

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vp commodore
yeah my vp does the same ,wont jump into 3rd until trans warms up was told the seals are hardened .then today went 4 drive and changed gears perfectly while trans was cold .who knows.