Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AutoBarn - Not Happy !

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Call the ACCC man, you got every right to be pissed off. To the guy above, sure everyone makes mistakes.. but the way the dealt with it was not fair to the customer and was in violation of the trade practices act.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
sue em lol!

do you come from amerika?

everyone wants to sue someone for something.

its a bit of plastic on a car, not expensive to replace.

im still waiting for pics.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Good on you for naming them. Hell, i think it's ok. I work in retail, if people dont like what i say or sell them, or when i'm helping them out setting something up then i'm fine with them posting it around telling people i'm crap. If i do a **** job i take the flak and deal with it, at least people will be informed.

Many companies are willing to go over the top and do things that they dont have to do to help a customer, this place wasn't one!

Your definatly entitled to having your car back without scratches. They didn't need to take out or even undo the glove box from a VS to get a new mounting bracket in! That's why it confuses me!

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
bezz i said they didnt go about it right.... they should have just knocked of 20 off the price or replaced it themselves, if we ever damage anything we are very upfront about it and will work out with the customer what they wish to happen which usually goes down a lot smoother.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Well if the stock head-unit was previously fitted then the proper way to remove it is to remove the centre console / stereo and a/c control surround. You can either use a long phillips head screwdriver to undo the bottom screw on the passenger side or take the glovebox out in order to gain access to it. Thats the way i was taught back when a VS was new lol ;)

Anyway yeah that kind of work is not acceptable and they should be paying to replace the damaged panels, the fact that they made attempts to remove the scratches almost makes them guilty!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyway yeah that kind of work is not acceptable and they should be paying to replace the damaged panels, the fact that they made attempts to remove the scratches almost makes them guilty!

depends. if he saw the marks/scratches that he previously had not noticed, cracked a wetty, and demanded they fix it, they probably denied it, but offered to try and clean it up.

that or they scratched it, and denied it, then tried to clean it up.

i still want pics of the damage.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Who cares about the pics of the damage, its the way they dealt with the situation that should be focused on.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
yeah pics would be VERY helpful.....hint hint Teef ;)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Who cares about the pics of the damage, its the way they dealt with the situation that should be focused on.

thing is, all we can go on his his word, thats all. theres no pics, theres no side form the staff. its all him.

amazingly, customers are NOT always right. he makes it sound like they were assholes, but if indeed the marks were old, and they tried cleaning them for him, theres not much else they can do bar tell him its not their fault or problem.

maybe i should call them at work tomorrow and see what they have to say