Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Autobarn sale

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Recommended in Buick is 20w/50 I believe. However it's normally ok to drop down 5 winter weight, hence why on my fairly solid engine I run 15w/40. I could possibly get away with 10 winter weight but I'd be risking the cam bearings from the reduction in oil pressure.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Olive oil does taste better but can't be used for a lot of cooking because of its smoke point.

Canola is the best oil for stir frys, you haven't learnt how to cook properly till you have a high strength burner carbon wok. I might be aussie as but I can concede that our BBQ's have nothing on their wok's.

Fight me :)
Canola oil is toxic. I've banned it from the house!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Recommended in Buick is 20w/50 I believe. However it's normally ok to drop down 5 winter weight, hence why on my fairly solid engine I run 15w/40. I could possibly get away with 10 winter weight but I'd be risking the cam bearings from the reduction in oil pressure.
You might get more miles out of the engine running 15W50 instead. The Hot viscosity of the oil is the one that lubricates at operating temp so I don't like to sacrifice it.
But you are in Tas which is colder than the rest of the country so things are possibility a little different.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Grapeseed oil ftw.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: