Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

autocarwash safe for VT?

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
Hi there, have read a few relevant posts on running my VT through automatic carwash with underbody wash with mixed comments so just want to double check it wont kill anything...learnt an expensive lesson with an AU Ford few years back...unaware of coil pack position :hmmm:...I know the VT's coilpack is higher but just wanna confirm it won't cost me $200 for a underbody wash :spew:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I have hosed out under the bonnet of a VX no worries, though it did stall once on the way home (has not happened since then).

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
Hi there, have read a few relevant posts on running my VT through automatic carwash with underbody wash with mixed comments so just want to double check it wont kill anything...learnt an expensive lesson with an AU Ford few years back...unaware of coil pack position :hmmm:...I know the VT's coilpack is higher but just wanna confirm it won't cost me $200 for a underbody wash :spew:

sorry, should have specified the underneath bit...is that safe?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
A example, i had issue with water splashing onto the horns and they would short out. Sorted it now.

Whilst theoretically should be ok, who knows. Simple splash here and there could cause some grief.