Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Automatic transmission is getting stuck in gear.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
It's been a long time since i have posted on here

My car is now a 09 HSV Clubsport LS3.

I have just had my car serviced: oil + filter, break flush and a transmission flush.
Two days later i pulled out on to the freeway and the car was stuck in second gear, with engine warning and contact dealer lights. It wouldn't down shift or up shift in drive mode (D) or in semi auto mode. I still had park, neutral and reverse. I got it towed back to the the work shop that did the service and they plugged in to a computer and just turned the codes off as they couldn't find a fault.

It drove for a day and now it's got stuck in fourth and the engine lights on. Any ideas?

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
If it was fine before they touched it I would be back and asking them to review the work done. Maybe the filter dropped off or something. I would get someone or yourself to video the problem if you can. Try disconnecting the battery overnight may it will reset something.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Probably the throttle body. Buy a bluetooth obd2 scanner for next time it plays up