Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Automatic Transmission Service $$$ ?

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
I got my VE trans serviced, cost me about $300. VE's are more expensive because of the new Dex6 fluid needed.

And how well was it done, Could you tell the difference while driving?

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Mine would have been $150 with labour. As I understand it, they flush it out and seal her back up. No real difference in feel of the car, but my gearbox really hasn't had a hard life. You're more looking after it, than improving.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Yeah Im just after a good ride, Mine down shifts upon applying the brakes and sometimes I can feel the down shift and it dosen't feel too right. Like Im a bit picky haha

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I looked at servicing our Auto SS(60000kms) and priced a new filter and pan gasket and got told $125, nearly feel over, our 4spd berlina gasket and filter is $35 from memory.

Some of those prices quoted are cheap hope they getting the right fluid VE on is different fluid and costs heaps more being fully synthetic. $250 for a service on a VE with correct fluid is a good Price to be honest.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Dex VI is about $6-7 more a litre than Dex III and a filter kit is $25 - retail. The idea that it should be a lot more expensive for a VE is a misnomer IMO. It's barely an hours work in the shop.

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
Dex VI is about $6-7 more a litre than Dex III and a filter kit is $25 - retail. The idea that it should be a lot more expensive for a VE is a misnomer IMO. It's barely an hours work in the shop.

I agree. Costs me $135 for my VE 5speed auto at my local transmission shop. Had it done at 150K km, again at 200K km and the recently at 250K km without any issues. Just once your cars out of warranty (most will be as 1st service not due until 150k KM) don't get is serviced at a dealer and you wont have to pay the exorbitant prices. If I had issues/symptoms with the auto I may take it to Holden dealer as they can use the Tech2 to diagnose and adjust settings (pressures etc) that the local dude may not be so good at doing.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
No real difference while driving, but my car already downshifts like crap because of the cam, diff gears, tune etc. Like it has been said, more to look after it than make it better :)