Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Automatically locking...

DJP16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
My VT Executive decides to automatically lock itself at any time while the engine is running, and when you unclock it from the inside it will often re-lock itself after a minute. Is this a standard feature that can be turned off? I think the alarm system is not stock, I am not the original owner.

Anyone with knowledge on this? Cheers

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
I dont think this is normal, it maybe some thing to do with your aftermarket alarm systems, what brand is it?

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
definately not in a vt exec.....
must either have aftermarket alarm OR some form of tiny electrical gremlin getting excited all over your door locks or something like that!~ ;)
check to see if tere is an alarm box siren in your engine bay somewhere OR under the drivers side dash panel above pedal etc

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Also check that all the lock buttons are going all the way up and down. One of mine was sticking and after a while the car would unlock, thinking someone was manually unlocking it from inside.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
if it self locks, turn the car off and do nothing. If it then self unlocks, it's an aftermarket system. Most aftermarket systems have the ability to switch this (anti-carjack) mode off...
Otherwise just a gremlin...

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
Is this a standard feature that can be turned off? I think the alarm system is not stock, I am not the original owner.

Anyone with knowledge on this? Cheers
no its not a standard feature either youve got an aftermarket system or a faulty bcm

if you dont have an aftermarket alarm (you can tell by siren in the engine bay and when you hit the lock button it chirps which an executive doesnt do neither a calais it honks a horn) if not then check your BCM relays and fuses after that check the wires from the control module to the acutator in your door..

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
faulty drivers door actuator

DJP16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Sorry I've been away a while; thanks for all the helpful insights on what it could be. It's definitely an aftermarket alarm system then, but where would I find out what brand it is, or where most aftermarket alarms would commonly keep a small control box/panel/whatever. I can't seem to find any branding that distinguishes itself.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
my mate has that on his vz, when it goes into Drive the doors lock