Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

automotive work

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
he i am currently thinking of doing an apprenticeship/seeking work in the automotive industry, just wandering i anyone has an ideas about possible apprenticeships & automotive jobs.

not sure what area i want to branch into exactly, but was thinking along detailing, upholstery, spraying, audio installation, those sorts of things.

im in victoria, melbourne by the way.

thanks for your time.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
well if you dont wanna go mechanical you could do panel beating thats seems pretty interesting, or you could do auto electrical and do sound setups that kind of thing, im not to sure about upholstery

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
Spare parts is interesting, just finished my apprenticeship in it, and its only 3 years compared to 4 :)

were lookin to employ an apprentice parts interpreter, pity your not in adelaide.

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Clubsport R8 - Vespers Blue
I've been rather interested in the automotive industry for the last few months. I've finished my chef's apprenticeship and with my spare time I've been helping the fiance with his hz kingy and he's been helping me with my VR and I'm having a ball!! I looked at one way of getting into it... my fiance is a LV Mechanic at a local minesite, I said that I could be his apprentice but I think that would be a bit of a conflict of interest... ? lol

But in the future we're thinking about starting our own business, we're already sort of starting... Adam and I already have our little workshop and he does work on mates cars on the weekends.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Ill soon be looking for automotive work too. Just about finished a cert. 2 in automotive at tafe, which gives you credits for when you get an apprenticeship. It covers most of the stuff a first year apprentice has do to at tafe. Pretty thorough course too - you go right into detail about everything and even includes welding. :)

I tried asking around for an apprenticeship beforehand but no one was keen on taking me on. I mentioned the course and I was told by doing that it would greatly increase my chances. I know my local garage had an apprentice on for a while, before giving him the boot and saying apprentices are more trouble than theyre worth (and somehow I dont blame them). But hopefully by having the certificate it shows Im not just walking in off the street having to be taught everything from scratch and I know what I want to do.