Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

autos and big exhaust dont mix

ADDICTVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6
haha love some of the comments i think im going twin 2 1/4 and make it as quiet as i can without it being 2 restrictive

psivyv6
damn lucky manual drivers lol

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
haha yeh :) did u talk to tim from raptor about what exhaust he had on his? that was auto and theres a clip on youtube of him doin a lil burnout and sounds reasonable on the gas but dunno how it was like elsewhere

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Just happens I heard a V6 VS? with a MASSIVE exhaust just a few hours ago, I swear I've never heard anything more gross in my life lol. I have no idea what exhaust was on it but at WOT it was LOUD and bad!. Must have been a straight through 3 inch with no mufflers or hot dogs at all or something like that

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
haha love some of the comments i think im going twin 2 1/4 and make it as quiet as i can without it being 2 restrictive

psivyv6
damn lucky manual drivers lol

Twin 2 1/4" won't be restrictive, as that's what i've got on my VS it it puts down a lazy 230rwkw on most dynoes.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
hi im using muffler called redback, for my cat i punched a hole straight through the guts, so there is no inside to it, straight through, pace maker extractors, straight through pipe at the rear and cut the last box out, all this is 2 1/2 inch all the way through, i have gained ALOT OF POWER, i was 3 car lengths behind my mates vn 3.8, now im 2 in front, so you cant tell me i did not gain any power out of this?

and MAN IS IT LOUD

*sigh* Why do people bother?

ADDICTVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6
Just happens I heard a V6 VS? with a MASSIVE exhaust just a few hours ago, I swear I've never heard anything more gross in my life lol. I have no idea what exhaust was on it but at WOT it was LOUD and bad!. Must have been a straight through 3 inch with no mufflers or hot dogs at all or something like that

ohh there is one i always see in newy cruising around and he cruises around with it at its loudest possible drone. It does my head in. He must have a good stereo

sircruisealotVS
yeah you have sold me. got to get out there and see what there worth now. i need to spend some good money mufflers though im thinking

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Im running a twin 2 1/2" system on my raptor vt v6 manual, twin hiflow cats and mufflers and its very loud. I told 2 different exhaust shops ill be running the 12psi pulley and they both said it was the best breathing system for a blown motor. Throw a res on the back of it should hush it up a little.

mz81vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec.
I have a huge exhaust on my Auto VS and it's really starting to get on my nerves. I just bought the car a couple of days ago and i figured it can be something i can fix later if it bothers me. A friend of mine is gonna put something smaller and less shitty sounding on it. Coz i have 2 kids in my car, and if its annoying me then its probably annoying them. My friend said my exhaust belongs on a rice burner and not my commodore lol. But honestly i dunno why the last owner bothered.