Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aux feedback problem ?

ucdebz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
hey guys, i am in desperate need of your help!

First of all, I have a 2007 omega.

My problem is that when i plug my audio device into the auxiliary port and play audio it sounds like there are no vocals and its all weird. i recently purchased a car charger for my phone and discovered when my phone is plugged into the charger i can hear the audio perfectly but its almost as if i am getting feedback from the engine????? When i step on the accelerator its sounds like a supercharger spooling. Any help is much appreciated.

gotham.r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 3.8 S1
hmmm have you tried asking holden? being stock I haven't got much of an idea what's actually going wrong there, sorry I couldn't be of any help

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
So, the audio is OK, but engine interference when the charger is in, but there are no vocals if no charger?

Not many people are prepared to pull teeth to help anyone here.

You need to spend more time explaining your problem.

ucdebz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
So, the audio is OK, but engine interference when the charger is in, but there are no vocals if no charger?

Not many people are prepared to pull teeth to help anyone here.

You need to spend more time explaining your problem.

sorry if i did not explain the problem properly, what seems to happen is when i plug an audio device into the aux the sound doesn't come through properly its as if part of the audio is suppressed. I plugged my phone into the aux with a car charger also plugged in and weirdly enough the audio plays well its just that i can hear feedback. For example, when i put my foot on the accelerator i get a whistling noise that seems to gain strength as i accelerate more. sorry if this isn't enough info, im just mystified

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I get engine noise when my iPhone or generic audio device is plugged into their chargers too. Can't say I get your first issue though. I've just learnt to charge the audio device before getting in my car.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Check the volume level of said music device? You don't want it cranked all the way up. As for the interference that's normally caused by power wires being close to rcas in aftermarket installs..I dont know why it's doing that in your case. Does your car have an amp?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
The whiney noise is due to something called ground looping, you can fix this with a device called a line isolator - they're about $70 and very hard to find.
I'm not entirely sure whats going on with your first problem though, mine only plays half the sound when the audio jack isn't properly plugged in but that doesn't seem to be your problem.