Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AUX Input DIY

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
came across this a while ago, thought it might help a lot of people out who wish to use their MP3 or IPods with the standard headunit for next to no money. would also make a good sticky hint hint lol

remember, do this at your own risk, but can comment that this does work, i have had this in my car before upgrading the head unit

direct exhert located here: GTO Hard Wire Tutorial

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
I did this to my car the other week, it works great and is real easy to do with that how to, cost me $7 and that was for a 3 metre aux cable lol also just for added info, you don't really need the blank disc, as soon as you plug the aux cable in it quietens down the cd to a point where you need the system full ball to really hear the cd behind (this is whilst iPod or mp3 player is plugged in but not playing music too)

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
yes, can confirm that no blank cd is needed, any cd in there gets quietened down and the aux takes over. thanks DJ

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
Did you need to enter your radio code again when re installing the head unit?

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
No mate, only time the code is needed for the radio is when you put it in another vy/vz, same as disabling the battery, no code required on start up

vzaccaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz acclaim
this is bloody fantastic, does this also work with the single disk HU? whats the sound quality like?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I did this in my VX, i was going to do it in my VY, but unforantlly some previous owner jammed the head unit back in wrong and required me to break the head unit to get it out. was a great excuss to just go buy a proper head unit lol
Sound quality is like a normal CD. no reason why it wont work with a single head unit.

vzaccaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz acclaim
thanks man, id love to grab a new HU but as per usual money is an issue hahaha probably get this done some time this week.

cheers

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Oh Yeah understand the money issue, i bought a Sony Head unit half price for $79 and stuck it in lol

vzaccaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz acclaim
haha yeah i guess thats always an option. dont have any tips for the actual soldering even thought it seams to be a pretty straight forward process.. haha