Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aux input for the OEM headunit (http://www.thelug.com/radio/gtoradio.html) - help pls

mrjayviper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
So I wanna perform this "hack" on my headunit..

I'm thinking of having the mini-stereo plug come out near the arm rest so I'm thinking I need to remove the centre console (the one with the window controls) at least.

some questions/help needed:
1. Any ideas what other trims do I need to remove to make this happen?

2. I found an instruction on how to remove the centre console + other trims. https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-remove-dash-center-console-vy-vz.60145

I'm a bit confused on step 3 on removing the centre console. How do I "prise" the notches/clips? just insert a flat screwdriver and push? just don't wanna break any clips!

I also found a video but with no voice over, it's a bit hard to know what to do. They uploader has done it before so he knows what to do. for someone who hasn't done it before, a picture doesn't tell a thousand words in this case.

Thanks very much

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
You can see the 6 places to 'prise' (ie insert and lever up) indicated by lines to the clips. Be gentle. When I'm doing things like this I use a butter knife wrapped in something protective like a tissue, chux or t-shirt rather than going straight for a screwdriver. Lessens the possibility of scratching. As for breaking clips, it's always a possibility...

mrjayviper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
anyone have any ideas on how to route the cable from the front towards the arm rest? thanks! :)

mrjayviper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
so I've soldered the cables, but I cannot push back the headunit in place. I had the cable come out like in the thelug guide and close to the bottom antenna socket. still no go. thanks again! :)

mrjayviper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
anyway, got it installed. I sawed off the unused antenna connector. working nicely now! :)