Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ben74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Calais Sportwagon
After a bit of research l decide that a good quality set of Neoprene seat covers are the best way to protect the leather seats in my VE Calais, especially with three little girls and their booster/safety seats in the back. After finding Wet Seat via an online store called Motoquipe l call them to ensure lm choosing the correct colour l want and that they are for my Calais. The online/phone salesman, Rob, sends me a picture of the gunmetal grey Wet Seat covers they have available and informs me they are the grey ones. So l order a full set of these costing me just over $600.

Nearly three weeks later l recieve the covers, put the first cover on my drivers seat and the are a light grey colour, nothing like the picture Rob, from Motoquipe sent me. I call him back, send him some pictures and he informs me that l'm mistaken, he doesnt recall sending me the picture and that l have purchased the grey one's not the black one's. After arguing the fact, he gets in contact with Nick from Wet Seat. Nick from Wet Seat wont let me return them for a replacement set of the correct colour as they are a 'custom' order, unless l pay a $156 restocking fee.

After arguing with Rob at Motoquipe for a week, as it's completely his fault for misinforming me, Nick from Wet Seat calls me and basically tells me it's either pay the restocking fee or be stuck with over $700 worth of seat covers l dont want. Relucantly l agree and then Motoquipe refuses to pay for the return postage fees, even though it was their moron of a salesmans fault that caused this entire issue. Eventually after Nick from Wet Seat pressures them into doing so l recieve a return postage slip. Then Rob calls me from Motoquipe to organise the reorder the correct colour Wet Seats and to pay the restocking fee and tells me they wont send me the correct colour Wet Seat covers unless l pay a $10 postage fee! By this stage l'm just so over the whole situation and the bunch of idiotic phone calls l just pay it.

Nearly two weeks later l finally recieve the Wet Seat covers in the correct colour. Relieved the whole stupid process is over l start to fit them on the backseats first, only to find the incometant idiots at Wet Seat havn't made them correctly for the backseat of my Calais and after emailing Nick from Wet Seat directly this time with photographic evidence, he sends me a generic "we are sorry" email and a return postage slip, so now after over three months and over $850 l still dont have any kind of seat covers or customer satisfaction.

My only hope from writing this long, negative review is that l save other people from making the mistake of purchasing from Motoquipe and Wet Seat as they are liars, unproffesional and will hold you to financial ransom for their inability to do the simple task of informing their customers with correct information and suppling the right product they have paid for.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sounds crap....but geez, that wall of text needs more paragraphs.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Try the relevant Fair Trading/Consumer Affairs dept for your State. They sure dont sound like ethical or honest businesses to me.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Try the relevant Fair Trading/Consumer Affairs dept for your State. They sure dont sound like ethical or honest businesses to me.
Congrats for you naming and shaming unethical sellers.
Years ago I warned people about the behavior of a dealer in Perth and had the title changed by the mods since I was not allowed to specifically name them when I had such a poor experience. Must be new mods on here now.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Unfortunately, I find this a common pit fall buying stuff like this over the net...Buying in person often gets better results