Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AWD 402 Man 6Spd 8ThrottleBodies....

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
Hi Fellas, and maybe Shelas....

Here's a little teaser of my new project car underway....

I’m starting with a slightly moded VTII Clubby, and converting it to a HRS AWD car....

I’m only going to give a little teaser first: (Can’t let out all the info!!!)

Engine: 402Ci (Details will be kept secret!!)
Intake: HRS 8 Throttle body
Exhaust: HRS fast flow
Power: Kept secret (for a VERY good reason!)
Brakes: HRS Slotted 343 Fronts & 315 rears
Wheels: Drift Type "R" 18x11 (I think....still have to see)
Sus: HRS Racing package
Body Kit: Based on V8 Supercar (Still deciding)
Interior: Probably leather "re-enforced" seats (so they don't break!)
Driveline: This is the best part….wait for it…..wait for it……

All Wheel Drive Manual 6Speed!! Using all the Coupe4 goodies...except the Manual 6Spd!

I've added some progress photos here, but they are old I will have more after the weekend....there are some photos explaining the AWD unit I got from Holden...and the wheels are there to...
All the work is being done by www.hockingracingshop.net and I think we might hold a track day...to see just how quick she'll go!!! :driving:
Anyway...as you can understand, I'm bouncin off the walls!!!!

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 472
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 487
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 584
  • Wheels.JPG
    Wheels.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 361

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
Oops! Forgot the AWD unit!...

Here it is....

Attachments

• CrossTrac1.jpg
    CrossTrac1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 6,569
  • CrossTrac2.jpg
    CrossTrac2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,869

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
sounds like great project ill be keeping my eyes on this one. the 18 x11,s you will need to tub it a bit as they dont fit staight under as 10,s are a squeese.

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
hmm i guessing the power bit is going to be hefty!! hence the need for all wheel drive!!! :thumbsup:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Is AWD suitable for such a high horsepower car?
Most of the quickest WRX's around the world have all had to be converted to RWD (such as the Rigoli WRX here in Aus)?
Also I thought that was part of the reason there was no LS2 Coupe4?

Sounds like a sweet project though, would be awesome to drive!

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
Thanks guys,

Yeah I'm planning on using some sort of flares, similar to the Coupe4....but still to be confirmed...

As for the wrx's, I think that happend becuse they either wanted it to go fast in a straight line or the wrx stuff couldn't handle the power...the Coupe4 transfer case and front (tail) shaft can handle up to 4500NM of tourqe so I'm not too worried about breaking anything....
I wanna see how fast I can go around the track to so it's all about that setup....and I'm looking for a daily driver, anything I have ever driven with more than 500rwhp hasn't been a daily driver!

I'll get some more pics and keep everyone posted when I'm releasing it on the track!
I'm going to try and be the only street car that has gone around Eastern Creek / Oran park at close to V8 Supercar speeds with the Subwoofer going off!!! :driving: It's a dream but hopefully X fingers!!!! hehehe I reakon that would be a pretty funny video!! hehehe

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
the awd system is week. hence the reason why the coupe 4 is only 270kw(same as avalanche and xuv) and only comes in auto cause the cant handle burnouts etc

lieos

what ford i didnt see it
Reaction score
its only 270kw because they had to redesign the exhaust around the awd not because its weak

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
lieos said:
its only 270kw because they had to redesign the exhaust around the awd not because its weak

Im 90% sure that was the reason the AWD system never received the Gen IV 6.0L... They stuck with the 5.7L Gen III because thats all the AWD system could safely handle.

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
I have seen the first modified Coupe4 run 700 horses at all four wheels from a NA 427 chev...

The AWD system is safe up to 4500nm of torque...

The Auto Gearbox is only "safe" (By which I mean will last 100,000ks without requiring replacement) upto 350kw.

The manual gearbox straight from the factory that supplies Holden and HRT their gearboxes warrants the Manual upto 1100BHP.

I have seen the Only manual Coupe4 do 4 wheel burnouts...for about 30 mtrs...after that it just grips...

There is alot of shops / people saying things that simply aren't true...because they just don't know.