Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Awd

all wheel drive or not

• yes worth it

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • no not worth it

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
hey all how much would it cost to convert my VX S2 to all wheel drive & would it make a differance at all to the power & performance
bassiclly would it be worth it

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Not worth it (in my opinion). Lots of money for little gain. The drivetrain would loose a lot of power and would chew more fuel for the daily. Would be fun yes, especialy on the track, but if you need more traction for straight line speed, cheaper to tub the rear end.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
slundy said:
Not worth it (in my opinion). Lots of money for little gain. The drivetrain would loose a lot of power and would chew more fuel for the daily. Would be fun yes, especialy on the track, but if you need more traction for straight line speed, cheaper to tub the rear end.

Torque is just slit between the front and the back, there is no loss of power or more fuel consumption, just better traction and acceleration:thumbsup:

It would defintely be different, just money and custom parts needed so it would not be very feasible.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Agreed with Slundy...could be very costly. You could use the money to many other awesome things.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
vn6pwr said:
Torque is just slit between the front and the back, there is no loss of power or more fuel consumption, just better traction and acceleration:thumbsup:

It would defintely be different, just money and custom parts needed so it would not be very feasible.
There would be more power loss, as O Grundy outlined. The drivetrain would lose more power, because power is being transmitted to two different diffs..

The loss of power through the drivetrain probably wouldn't be as great as it would in converting a FWD to AWD.. But I say why bother..

Although you might be able to get parts of the Adventura or similar to help you out..

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
ok thanks for all the responses
i knew it was gonna be expencive but didnt no if the power would gain thaks to all

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
You'll lose power.

I love my 4wd liberty... but it'd be a helluva job converting a commo.