Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AzTuatis VZ Exec

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
sounds like some good plans man, take a picture of the airbox when its done sounds like its gonna look good.. just installed my growler yesterday makes the car sound so much better :p

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
yeh my mate got a growler and they do make a bit of difference hey :) i was looking at a growler but i can make one for cheaper and i like being unique, plus hopefully if all goes to plan ill be getting a good flow of cold air, probably better than a growler or cutting a hole in a box lol, but we shall see how it goes 1st :)

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
havent had the net for a bit, the guy who we get stainless steel through was flooded in so the intake and exhaust are being held off til monday or later when he gets back.

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
Exhaust is done, has a good note too and looking sick :) cant upload pics or video yet though... Intake is getting done tonight :) and in a few weeks ill be getting extractors put in and we will be doing up another custom exhaust, full twin system, dunno what size yet.

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
sounds like its coming along nicely ;) keen for a vid when you get everything done

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
hey everyone, havent had the net for a bit... heres a couple updates...

CAI idea is long gone, ive grabbed myself a stock R33 turbo and doing up some piping, along with a custom built intercooler from a VK....

also we arent happy with the note on the current exhaust system so ive picked up a xforce ass end box off a VE and we are doing up a full 3" twin system.

After these things are done ill be focusing more on the interior, sound system ect...

also incase your wondering about the turbo, i chose a stock R33 because anything bigger would be a waste of time, would probably screw the engine. i needed i turbo that would be better for lower revs as the commodores dont rev out as much as a good skyline engine does...

i dont have any pics either sorry :p

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
sorry to say but a twin 3" will sound like a complete POS, i have twin 2.5 on my 190 and it still drones. will have way too much back pressure and will loose power, not gain anything with twin 3". stick to something that has been proven time and time again which is single 2.5 or twin 2 1/4 either straight out or into a single 3" pipe at the end. if you want the sound of your exhaust to sound better just do the extractors and that will change the note a bit, give it some balls as well

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
yeh but with the turbo going on its gonna be pushing out a bit more air.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
seen people with FI 190 alloytecs and the most power was with a twin 2 1/4, they had previously had twin 2 1/2...

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
ohwell, not too worried about performance at the moment, its sort of just a play around at the moment, fiddling with things and seeing how it turns out. also were they supercharged or turbo? because ive yet to actually see an alloytec thats got turbo, reason being everyone keeps saying the engine cant handle it, which is basically why ive gone with a stock turbo running 5psi rather than a bigger one running say 10psi.

also a quick update, im thinkin a manual conversion might be a good idea, but thats just a thought at the moment, will see how things go :)

and a quick question, anyone thought of dropping a RB32 into a VZ? just a thought...