Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

azureus problems. torrenting nightmare

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
been having a few problems with azureus (vuze) lately
start a torrent, leave the room
come back later, torrent has made some progress but looks to have stopped.
  • pc won't internet/chat.
  • kill vuze - vuze still shows in task manager/procexplorer, won't die from either.
    try to 'repair' connection, repair window doesn't get past the renewing ip bit.
    restart modem/router, no internets/torrenting still.

i recently install the rss scanner plugin for azureus/vuze but had no real joy with it so i uninstalled it.

running vuze on my netbook too and no dramas, but the install on that is 4.2.0.0 (desktop runs 4.2.0.2) and also runs a slightly older java.

really don't wanna switch to uTorrent or another client. all help appreciated/repped

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
what windows are you running? xp or vista??
There are different options that you can try but I will need to know which one you are running first.

XP
Download Winsock XP Fix and run it.
Restart the computer and try programs again.

VISTA
Hold 'Windows key' and press 'R'. This will bring up the windows run box.
Type CMD in the run box and press enter.
this will open command prompt.
In the command prompt window type: netsh winsock reset
after that has finished, type EXIT and restart the computer.

Last edited:

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
I'm havin same kind of dramas but i believe it to be my isp dodo slowing the ports that vuze uses on purpose as to stop "illegal downloads". I am still to find a way around this if its even possible.

I start vuze, it starts ok then gets seeds, then it will slow to a crawl and barely download if it doesn't completely stop. Sometimes need to reboot modem to play warcraft or surf afterwards. I'm no expert by any means lol, but i researched all i could and i believe im using the correct ports, and that my isp is port shaping my connection. (according to what i have read from other dodo users). I was with a diff isp last year and never had these torrent problems.:cry:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
have noticed a few torrents of mine being a bit slow. i dont use them often, but the latest have been a bit slow, when they really should not have been. i mean brand new movies with 1000s of seeds

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i gave up on vuze and changed to utorrent much happier less ram usage and speeds seem to be as good if not better got most of the features vuze has

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
I'm havin same kind of dramas but i believe it to be my isp dodo slowing the ports that vuze uses on purpose as to stop "illegal downloads". I am still to find a way around this if its even possible.

I start vuze, it starts ok then gets seeds, then it will slow to a crawl and barely download if it doesn't completely stop. Sometimes need to reboot modem to play warcraft or surf afterwards. I'm no expert by any means lol, but i researched all i could and i believe im using the correct ports, and that my isp is port shaping my connection. (according to what i have read from other dodo users). I was with a diff isp last year and never had these torrent problems.:cry:

try switching ports? there's a whole slab of ports you can use, they can't block them all, they're not unique to vuze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Yep i had the same issues with dodo i changed ports then redid the port number in the modem and run peerguardian constantly and all is perfect again.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
ya i tried a really high range port and its improved but its still not 100% maybe dodo are just slow lol, am in peak time now so we'll see how it goes overnight might be better