Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[B]Dodgy Companies - Ripping Us Off![/B]

barra218

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Ute
Heres a thread to post all those dodgy companies and how they ripped you off to warn the rest of us to stay away.

Im not too sure if there is already a thread about this but i couldn't find one so here it is.

I'll start with a local panel beater who i spent thousands at getting just about my car resprayed. Within 3 days the paint on my dash fascia cracked and within a week it had all fallen off. Before a year had gone by the paint on the front bumper is flaking off and there is dirt underneith. They didn't even clean it before they sprayed it! And this is a bumper i bought off them! This just pisses me right off, so if you have encountered places like this, please post them here to warn others!

Last edited:

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
i dont think name and shaming is a very good idea tbh

barra218

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Ute
I think its a great idea, if they do dodgy **** its their own fault.

04VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY SS
Legalitites and all that shite mate - might be liable for slander or something if you start getting specific..... I'm a bit unsure of the rules but in this modern legal society you only need to fart for someone to sue your ass these days.....

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I think its a great idea, if they do dodgy **** its their own fault.

The problem is that threads like this present only one side of the story. Unless the vendor is given a copy of any post and the opportunity to defend themselves both the poster and owners of this website are open to significant litigation. If you have issues with a company then I suggest you take it up with them via legal channels.

Reaper

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
[jonnoo];1857715 said:
i dont think name and shaming is a very good idea tbh

why not? there are heaps of just plain **** workshops out there that will happily take your money for a substandard job.

so let it be known who they are, so people know and stay away.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

barra218

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Ute
The problem is that threads like this present only one side of the story. Unless the vendor is given a copy of any post and the opportunity to defend themselves both the poster and owners of this website are open to significant litigation. If you have issues with a company then I suggest you take it up with them via legal channels.

Reaper

You raise a valid point, i will remove the store name from the post. Though i don't think there is much to defend on their part as i scratched away some paint on my bumper to uncover dirt. Plain old brown dirt..