Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

B&M Quicksilver Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
kill it guys. i dont wanna have to close the thread as i believe not enough PROPER help has been offered.

Its a matter of opinion, and the guy wasnt asking for opinion, only help.
Now its a pain in the arse to have to go back and clean all this up, so im not going to, but it is EASY to ban members.
in short, the crap stops now you youll find the people involved signing up at a pushbike forum.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
thank you vlv8vic im sick of reading ppl opinions on what ppl should do.

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
Brohawk and co,
look mate if you dont care about opinions and advice given in good faith fine, thats your choice, just dont go having a sook at people for trying to give you their insight, guidance or help.

you asked for help, i offerred my thoughts on it genuinely trying to be helpful, the best thing for you to do is only reply to the posts you find helpful and ignore those you dont its that simple. because if you slag everyone whose opinion or advice doesnt sit well with you, then they will stop posting and you'll miss out on what may well be valuable info down the track on another topic.

Brohawk you've spat half a page of bile directed at myself and Slim, for what? I was only offering you an insight, not trying to tell you what to do. i ve seen plenty of cars with ratchet shifters and they all use the console supplied with the shifter and not the factory one, they look good with a fire extinguisher if you want the whole pro-street kinda look.

at the end of the day do whatever you like as i really dont care if you **** your car up trying to butcher in something that serves no real purpose other than being a cosmetic "look how tough my car looks" accesory.

VLV8vic ban me if you want i dont care, just know that my post was given in good faith and not as an attack on someones idea or a personal attack on that user. but if you still feel the need to ban me then there are plenty of forums on the net with members who are far more mature and knowledgeable than some of the select few prize ********s here. Unlike a few people on here I ONLY post advice on things I know about and have seen tried firsthand or tried and done myself.

if you want the cold hard truth though, i think a rachet shifter on a stock auto is pure wank. I find in the instances of LX toranas and the VK the factory shifter is fine for fully manualised autos for both street and strip work.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
there easy to put in just make sure its set rite as if it dont select gears properly they will burn ya box out real fast and if ya box is standard i dont think ya really need 1 but each to there own as has been stated they dont look like they belong in a standard console so a custom would be the way togo i think no console at all is the best look just make sure ya hook up the neutral cut out switch and light in it but i think ya will find they are still iligil as the bit that tells you wot gear ya in is on the wrong side or do the have right hand drive ones now just going off mine wif that thats all.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I believe as Cane_It said in his post which was advise, and opinion, was given in good faith. It's a bit unfortunate that some people get upset and pick and choose what they want to hear.

Let's look at the word opinion:

a personal view, attitude, or appraisal

the formal expression of a professional judgment

And the word advise:

to give counsel to; offer an opinion or suggestion

to recommend as desirable, wise, prudent

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
cane_it, if you were so excited that you were innocent and pure you would have left it alone when i said and known that your comments were in good faith. Slim, the same goes for you, the additional comments are not going to be tolerated, no matter how little time they are left on the board before you delete them.

You both appear to have clean records. Consider this your first warning for not stopping and listening. I will pm you this so you can be sure i mean it.

It isnt worth trying to get the 'last word' whether it be to continue the argument, or to try and justify your own previous comments.
the end means the end.
Subsequent warnings result in bans and moderated posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.