Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

B&M Quicksilver Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkgroupa

Holden Stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Group A
Hi there! Just wondering if anyone has an easy step process to installing a B&M Quicksilver into a VK with a full console? Cheers!:bang:

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
im looking at doing a pro ratchet so i wouldnt mind the same thing. as far as i can see all we really need to do is cut the selector cover slot a little wider and longer, i could be wrong but thats how it looks to me. if i could get the specs of the casing of the pro ratchet i could measure it out

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
interior upgrade if you can think of another way to upgrade/change your shifter im all ears

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Whats the benifiet of them anyway? there only really meant for cars with striped interiors. i would spend the money on actually improving the performance of your auto like a shift kit or a hi stall.

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
you'll never make the B&M shifter look like "its meant to be there" by trying to incorporate it into the existing console, it wil only end up as a butchered mess unless your very handy with plastic welding etc or know some awesome car interior trimmer that will do it for you and make it look like its "meant to be there" if that makes any sense.

If you must install it, pull the factory console out and just have the b&M sittin on the floor, that would look better than trying to butcher it into the factory console. personally i'd spend the $ on a hi-stall or getting the trans beefed up.

good luck.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
brohawk said:
im looking at doing a pro ratchet so i wouldnt mind the same thing. as far as i can see all we really need to do is cut the selector cover slot a little wider and longer, i could be wrong but thats how it looks to me. if i could get the specs of the casing of the pro ratchet i could measure it out

What gearbox are you looking to install it with? The only real issuse u will face is mounting the shifter neatly in the console.

Last edited:

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Cane_It said:
you'll never make the B&M shifter look like "its meant to be there" by trying to incorporate it into the existing console, it wil only end up as a butchered mess unless your very handy with plastic welding etc or know some awesome car interior trimmer that will do it for you and make it look like its "meant to be there" if that makes any sense.

If you must install it, pull the factory console out and just have the b&M sittin on the floor, that would look better than trying to butcher it into the factory console. personally i'd spend the $ on a hi-stall or getting the trans beefed up.

good luck.

Exactly. If you were going to spend $$$ on those, you might as well do a custom console to fit with it. What are those shifters worth? $200? $300+? Seems like a waste of money and effort unless you are re-trimming your whole interior then it might be worth it. You can do a butcher job of installing it. If you wanted to do a half decent job, then make the console fit with the shifter. Putting one of those shifters in an existing console will make it look out of place by a mile.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
standard gearbox all i need is a bracket for the cable ive sourced the lot for cheaps so im happy.

and as i posted before that got taken away this is a help thread not a post your opinion thread if you dnt know how to do it dnt post. its quite simple the guy asked for help if you dnt know dnt post your sujestions for what he should spend HIS money.

i dnt want a hi stall or a shift kit in my standard box i dnt care bout power or spped i want looks i like the look of the b&m shifters so i want one to customise my interior and like i said before if you can think of another way to customise the stock shifter, im all ears. but dnt come into a thread and tell the person what you would do coz i know i dnt give a crap what u would do. its what i want to do.

we want help not your poinion on how it looks. coz i really really really dnt give a crap what you think. and i guarantee if i do it i will keep the stock console and customise it and make it look killer it may not liik like its supposed to be there but thats good because it will hgrab ppls attention.

so if your not posting and answer to the first question leave the thread.

if your posting your opinion on what he should spend his money on leave the thread, beacuse i can pretty much gaurantee he dnt give a flying rats ass bout your opinion.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Well if i can have my opinion, why oh why would you throw a B&M Quicksilver into a VK SS Group A Brock Commodore, thats killing a rare machine.

vk383

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk383
vk group a's werent auto anyway so how can he be killing a rare machine??you can also improve on a group a anyway,it's not like they are fast from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.