Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

B&M Shiftplus Electronic Shift Improver

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
By the same regard the tranny may last longer as with a shift kit and the like you wont get any slippage of the trans.........
Cheers

D

davo

AirStrike said:
By the same regard the tranny may last longer as with a shift kit and the like you wont get any slippage of the trans.........
Cheers

All i can say, is yes, although my mates VL (which has a different tranny) was awesome to drive, the shock of the shifts did do some damage to the drive train.

Personally i wouldnt do it, id rather err on the side of caution and would prefer reliabilty / long MTBF over performance any day.

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
You've gotta wonder eh .. If its so good and easy to do, why didn't Holden do it? why don't Holden do it on new models if its new research .. Its obviously gotta do bad things to it .. How bad probably depends a lot on how you drive it in combination to using it .. as well perhaps as the condition of your tranny to start with .. Given its switchable .. if you left it off, or in its milder mode most of the time it probably wouldn't be so bad at all .. Just flick it into action when your at the lights ... ;)

cumonthepaj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Anyone on he still own the Shiftplus and have it installed. I've inherited this off a mate without the instructions and looking for a copy of the instructions or if someone on here to give me a quick install guide. Cheers in advance.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I take it you haven't looked on the B&M site then. While I haven't looked for the shift plus specifically I have them for the 4L60 kits, as downloadable pdf's. I can't see any reason why the shift plus instructions wouldn't likewise be available.