Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Back in a Holden and a ZB at that.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
they also bent over and dropped most of the tariffs too, that really bought prices down too.

I don't think they dropped any really. The government also didn't implement a lot of the reforms and revisions it said it would (or was recommended to) for imported cars (like large scale dealership or company imported) which would have put decent amount of competition in and given Australia access to some really interesting cars, although parts of that were as a result of "industry consultation" under the guise of consumer protection which just means the government is putting car companies (won't say manufacturers for this one) first.

I think with the influx of Chinese cars it would make sense to traditional manufacturers to lower their prices here, particularly for commercial vehcles and utes, I think they know this too but it hasn't happened. If it is greed then all it would take is one manufacturer to cut their prices slightly to gain an upper hand for a time and the rest to follow provided all the manufacturers aren't coluding or whatever, but nobody has. I'd be fairly confident that they're well aware they can only rely on the cheap reputation of Chinese cars for a few years which is coming to an end soon, especially when it comes to fleet which will probably pick up for Chinese utes soon. I think there's a decent amount of other contributing reasons as to why there hasn't been a reduction.

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
they are all doing what i personally predicted which is charging what the market was already used to.

Magnum1956

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive wagon
Well I bought a ZB Calais V tourer on Saturday after taking it home overnight. My current car is a Ford Everest Titanium that has been traded for the ZB and before that I had a VF 1 Redline for 4 years. I bought the Calais as it was extremely cheap as it was part of a failed fleet deal and has been registered and demmoed for 3 months with only 400km on the clock. I saved 20k on the retail price for a new car with the accessories I wanted. The VF was a great car with brilliant brakes but the tech in the ZB and overall feeling of quality is higher. I love the LED matrix lights and the 9 speed auto is silky smooth and quick to change. It would be nice to have speed sign recognition and a better lane keep assist though. I had speed sign recognition in my Everest that was programmed in by a very clever bloke through a program called forescan that lets you alter just about anything in the cars brains. Would be good if someone was able to do the same with the ZB as it has all the hardware there to work. Anyway anxiously waiting to pick the car up some time this week or most likely next.
We bought a 2018 ZB Calais V wagon earlier this year. Very pleased with it. The only time the transmission lets itself be known is at very low speed, like approaching an intersection, when accelerating it “snatches” 1st. Otherwise it selects well according to demand.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Pre VF had speed sign recognition via a program called fore skin. Similar to to the Ford programme you used only with less features.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
17,000 km's and no issues with my one. No oil consumption. Loving the handling and the overall technology of the car.
Performance is fine.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pre VF had speed sign recognition via a program called fore skin. Similar to to the Ford programme you used only with less features.

how does it get traffic information?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
It’s hard. Sometimes doesn’t work so well. There’s a sensor in the front.

Tends to be attracted to c*%ts on the road.

no as in in the mapping, it will give you messages about heavy traffic.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
It’s hard. Sometimes doesn’t work so well. There’s a sensor in the front.

Tends to be attracted to c*%ts on the road.

It used the FM radio information. One of the radio stations send the info out.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Wait, are we still talking about the Foreskin programme?