Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Back in a Holden and a ZB at that.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
Being a fleet deal car are you entitled to the fix priced servicing? I looked at a Calais V tourer that was initially ordered for a hire car company but they renegged. The car was a great price and only 1000 km on the clock but it had no fixed price servicing.
No it does not have fixed price servicing and warranty is not unlimited km but is capped at 200,000km. If going to a dealer for servicing it is about $100 more per service. I am a mechanic with an ABN and a stamp so will be doing my own maintenance anyway.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I paid $41,500 including accessories. Retail all up would be $61,300.
That's a reasonable price for what you get. The RRP is probably too much but it seems that there are plenty of deals around which bring the prices well down. It doesn't augur well for retained value though. Commodores have always suffered from steep depreciation and the ZB will continue the tradition. Sad.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Holden were dreaming if they thought they could sell VXR for that price. A the price @VFRDLN paid it's extremely competitive with alternative options in the car market at that price point. In the Au$60k+ range there are far better cars available.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Holden were dreaming if they thought they could sell VXR for that price. A the price @VFRDLN paid it's extremely competitive with alternative options in the car market at that price point. In the Au$60k+ range there are far better cars available.

why?

we were all taken for mugs down under, there were scores of idiots that thought car prices would drop once manufacturing stopped here.

yeah, that happened.

manufacturers just apply the australia tax to everything here.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
why?

we were all taken for mugs down under, there were scores of idiots that thought car prices would drop once manufacturing stopped here.

yeah, that happened.

manufacturers just apply the australia tax to everything here.

Yep, absolutely; remember when the Coalition Government told us that "now that taxpayers are no longer having to subsidise local manufacturing, new car prices will fall" - well, that was BS, because as soon as there was no locally-produced vehicles to compete with, all the overseas manufacturers jacked up the prices.

A lot.

Why TF else would you be paying over $60k for a Kia?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, absolutely; remember when the Coalition Government told us that "now that taxpayers are no longer having to subsidise local manufacturing, new car prices will fall" - well, that was BS, because as soon as there was no locally-produced vehicles to compete with, all the overseas manufacturers jacked up the prices.

A lot.

Why TF else would you be paying over $60k for a Kia?

they also bent over and dropped most of the tariffs too, that really bought prices down too.

the govt are idiots, all that happened is manufacturers were welcomed with open arms in other countries, now they export here with maximum margins applied.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
they also bent over and dropped most of the tariffs too, that really bought prices down too.

the govt are idiots, all that happened is manufacturers were welcomed with open arms in other countries, now they export here with maximum margins applied.

The tariff duty rate is still at 5% unless you have a vehicle from a free trade agreement country. If this is no manufacturing here, why is there a 5% duty to protect which industry?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
The tariff duty rate is still at 5% unless you have a vehicle from a free trade agreement country. If this is no manufacturing here, why is there a 5% duty to protect which industry?

revenue for govt, a govt that has no clue.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The industry of government.

That's exactly right. The Government had $35mil in the budget from automotive duties in the 2018 papers which meant they knew they were not going to reduce the duty rate on vehicles.